Bonus Chapter: Sick Day

Trigger Warning for any Emetophobes out there

I actually have Emetophobia but weirdly didn't feel anything writing this but maybe it's because I knew what I was writing and it was my idea y'know
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's safe to say that today will not be a good day.

Today I've woken up with my normal morning sickness from being pregnant but I also seem to have caught a sickness bug as well.

I'm currently laying in bed with a fan blowing cold air into my face to try and help my fever but it's only helping a little.

"Do you feel any better, baby?" Ethan asks standing beside our bed.

I pout "no" and I feel my stomach twist and I quickly jump up from the bed and barely make it to the toilet before I throw up again.

Ethan comes behind me to rub my back soothingly and ties up my hair as I lay my cheek on the toilet seat with silent tears slipping out just in case I need to throw up again.

We hear cries coming from Romeo's room so Ethan goes to get him but not before making sure I'm okay.

On days like this I'm grateful that I have Ethan because I just know I wouldn't be able to take care of  a child alone while constantly throwing up my guts.

I still hear Romeo crying and I really wish I could go and comfort him and knowing I can't makes me feel bad.

I walk into Romeo's room where he is screaming so I flip on the light and instantly frown.

He's sitting on the floor next to his toddler bed next to a pile of his own vomit.

He instantly sees me and does grabby hands "dada" he cries. So I pick him up and strip his clothes off and place them in the hamper.

While I'm doing that he throws up again and cries even louder. I hear Rose throw up again from our room and wonder how I'm gonna divide up my attention today between both of them.

"Dada sicky" he cries "I know baby, but I'm gonna clean you up okay" I rub his tears away and he nods.

I pick him up and grab a bucket just in case he throws up again while we're walking and go into our room where Rose is laying in bed crying.

She looks up at me and I frown. I hate seeing my girl sad and it kills me knowing I can't do a single thing.

"Is he okay?" She asks and I shake my head "I found him next to a pile of his own sick" I say and she scrunches up her face before running to the bathroom again.

I put Romeo down in the bed with the bucket and walk into the bathroom where Rose is crying by the toilet.

"Shh, your fine okay this is just a bug" I say rubbing circles on her back.

"But I hate throwing up" she sobs. "I know baby" I say pressing a kiss to her temple.

I sit with her for a while while she calms herself down after throwing up a couple more times.

That's when I hear Romeo again and I sigh "go, im fine for a while I think" Rose croaks because her throat is dry.

I go into the bedroom and thankfully Romeo did it in the bucket and not on the bed "let's get you in a warm bath" I say picking him up and taking him to our bathroom.

Doing it in our bathroom is easier because then the sickness is only in one room so I don't have to clean as much, I pick my Rose up and carry her to the bed "try and get a nap in okay?" I say and she nods I kiss her forehead, rubbing some of her hair from it and then kiss her tiny little baby belly and go back to the bathroom.

I fill the bath up half way and place some of his favourite bath toys in there hoping to get his mind of being sick.

"Are you hungry buddy?" I ask knowing he probably isn't but maybe a bit of dry toast or something would make him feel a bit better. "no dada" he shakes his head.

After I get Romeo all cleaned up and in a fresh set of pyjamas I place him on the couch with a bucket and put the TV on low with Paw Patrol on and go into the bedroom to check on Rose.

I placed a bucket next to her so she doesn't have to keep going back and forth so I can just empty it for her. I smooth wets strands of hair from her forehead "you still feel like your gonna throw up?" I ask.

she shrugs "I don't feel like I need to anytime soon, but I still feel really bad" she frowns. I would bring her out to the couch with Romeo but I know if he throws up in front of her it will trigger her and I don't want to make her worse.

"I wanna see my baby" she pouts. I don't want to risk it though "I know baby but he's sick too and you know it would make you worse" she nods.

"you wanna cuddle?" I ask and she nods "but what if you get sick?" she frowns but she knows what I'm gonna say. "I don't care, anything that makes you feel better  okay?" and she just nods again like she has no energy at all.

I bring Romeo in anyway because I can't leave him out there alone and I think they're both done being sick for a while so I lay him on my side while I get in on Rose's.

"Mama" Romeo whines like he does when he's cranky which means he wants to be held by Rose and I can see it's breaking her heart not to cuddle him up to her "mamas sick too buddy" and he pouts and starts to cry.

she cuddles up to my chest and I stroke her hair "come here baby" she says over to our crying Romeo, and I let him because when he's in this mood he only settles for his mom. And I think he's done throwing up now anyway.

he crawls over onto my stomach where Rose lays and she takes him in her arms and shh's him until he falls asleep. "hey" I tell her and she looks up tiredly.

"The worst part is over now all you need to do is rest, okay" she nods and her eyes droop indicating she's about to fall asleep.

I notice Romeo nodding off as well so I gently pick him up and place him on the other side of me just in case.

I smooth out some hairs on his head and kiss his forehead before doing exactly the same to Rose.

I leave them alone in bed to quickly clean up the house and disinfect everything to get rid of the germs and tidy up a bit so Rose won't have to.

I finish things up quickly so I decide to fill up everyone's water bottle and go lay back between the most important people in my life.

My Family.