Chapter 44:

I wake up to the silent sound of our new home

I wake up to the silent sound of our new home. I could get used to this, though it won't be so quiet soon.

I feel Rose shift next to me but she stays asleep. Not wanting to wake her I quietly walk to the bathroom to take a shower.

As soon as I'm finished My girl is still sound asleep so I kiss her forehead and go down into the kitchen to make some coffee.

I just sit in silence at our new dining room table sipping my coffee. Not in a sad way it's actually really nice especially on a sunny day like this.

"Ethan!" I hear Rose scream and I immediately rush up the stairs leaving my coffee on the table. I run into our room and Rose isn't there.

"Baby, where are you?" I say so fast you probably wouldn't be able to make out the words. "Bathroom" she says but I can here the tremor in her voice.

She's scared. I know her so well I can tell what each tone of her voice means and this one means she's scared.

I rush to the bathroom to find her in tears on the floor. "Shh, baby what happened" she points to the spots of blood trailing across the floor.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

"I'm bleeding Ethan" she sobs "calm down, Shh" I pull her body onto me and sit in the corner stroking her hair.

"It might not mean what you think okay let's go to  the doctor" she cries more "Ethan, most people bleed when their baby dies" she shouts but all choked up.

"Relax okay focus on breathing" I breath in and she does the same and slowly she regains her breathing.

"Right we're gonna check if your still bleeding or not okay?" She nods but doesn't want to stand up. She still has her hands on her face like she's scared to check.

"You want me to do it?" She nods. I don't care if people would find this disgusting I would do anything for Rose and if this makes her feel better than doing it her self I will.

I slowly put my hand underneath her night gown with a tissue and she winces and when I pull it back out it's covered in blood. "Ethan" she says shakily.

"It's okay" I'm starting to panic I can only be so calm for her. I'm so fucking scared for my baby too but I'm trying to hide it for her.

"Shh, let's go to the hospital" she nods with tears running down her face and we both stay silent while I get her dressed into a dress so it's easy to get on and off.

I give her a kiss "we're okay, okay we'll stay strong for our little baby" and I place my hand on her bump. I have hope, I can't lose this baby.

"Okay" she breathes out shakily. Before we leave we check again and the bleeding seems to have lightened but not fully gone away.

I drive as fast as I'm able to, when we reach the hospital I grab her hand and she slowly steps out of the car and I kiss her forehead.

We walk through the doors and I rush to reception "I need a doctor" I say hurriedly. Rose is shaking beside me so I rub her arm to try calm her.