Chapter 48:

"Come on Rose just one more push" i let out a sob and squeeze Ethans hand tighter

"I can't, I can't do it anymore" I cry out. "Listen baby yes you can. Be that brave strong girl I know you are" I let out a sad smile.

"I love you so much, it hurts so bad" he kisses my forehead "I know, I know".

"Come on Rose one more" i muster up enough strength to try and push again not caring how terrible I looked.

I squeezed Ethans poor hand even tighter before pushing one last time before I felt relief wash over me.

Just as I sighed I hear the loud cries of a little baby. I smile "I did it. We did it" I'm full blown sobbing in a good way right now.

They quickly wrap the baby up in a towel and Place them on my chest "you've got yourself a beautiful little baby boy" I smile even bigger.

"I knew it, mommy just knew you were a boy" I look over at Ethan to see tears rolling down his face.

I bring one hand up wiping them away "do you want to hold him?" I asked and he nods with a smile.

I tried to sit up Ethan helping me before handing our baby to him carefully because he was so tiny.

"That's it go to daddy" I smiled seeing the two of them interact. It really is the best thing to see the man you love become a father.

The doctors helped get me situated and into a new bed while Ethan had some skin to skin with the baby because that's so important.

He handed him back to me when it was time to try and get him to breastfeed. I had a little help from the doctors but he latched on right away and started sucking loudly causing everyone in the room to chuckle.

The doctors gave me and Ethan a little privacy whilst the baby was eating and that's when I remembered.

"Ethan!" He looked up immediately "what baby, are you alright?" Oh I probably scared him by shouting his name like that.

"No, I'm fine I was just thinking we haven't given this little guy a name" he breathes a sigh of relief.

"Well you were in charge of boy names so whatever you pick will be the perfect name for him" I smile at him.

Ethan moves to sit on the side of the bed and baby boy finishes feeding so I hold him up in front of me.

"I've got it" I say quietly smiling.

"This is Romeo Nicholas Albert Carlson" I smile down at my precious baby boy, I've never known a love like this.

"That's perfect, my love" he kisses my forehead and then leans down to kiss Romeo's forehead.

It's not special how I picked his name, I mean I've always loved the name Romeo and knew that one of my future children would have that name and it just so happens that this beautiful baby does.

And then his middle names, Nicholas being after my dad and Albert after Ethans dad.

"Your father would of loved him and would be honoured to have a part in his name" Ethan says quietly "I know he couldn't wait for grandchildren and now he has two but he's not here". I let a tear slip.

"Shh it's okay, we need to be happy" I nod. I just can't wait to go home and lie in bed instead of being in this hospital room.

~~~

We've had an hour or so to chill before our families start to turn up to visit the baby.

I get quite overwhelmed when everyone steps into the room because it's so small and they're all looking at me.

I take a deep breath and clutch my baby closer from anxiety and Ethan must of noticed because he asked people to come in a few at a time.

My mom came in first, giving me a big smile "how are you doing Rosie?" It's nice that she cares about how I'm doing to and not just the baby.

"I'm good, no complications but very tiring" she nods along and Romeo moves in my arms "can I see him" I nod and gently pass him over with Ethans help since I'm sat down.

"Oh he's precious, what his name?" She asks gently bouncing him.

And when I told her his name she burst into tears and that set me off too and she handed Romeo to Ethan.

"Your daddy would have loved him baby" she hugged me being careful that I might be sore.

Me and my Mom have been through a lot but all that matters is that we're here right now and everything is good.

It took a while but everyone had their turns coming and seeing him and asking how we all are but after a long day of Romeo meeting his family it was just me, Ethan and our baby.

It was nice and quiet and now we could really have that family bonding time because it was our first night as a family of three.

I'm letting Ethan sleep in the single bed with me even though it's a tight fit I'm feeling clingy and want to be close to him.

I give Romeo a feed and I don't think I'll ever get used the feeling of having a little baby that relies on me and my body to eat.

He settles down for the night after lots of cuddles from mommy and daddy because we're obsessed with him.

We put him in the little crib and just stare for a while taking it in that we made this little boy, that he's ours to care for and to love endlessly.

Finally sleep comes knocking on my door and I have to close my eyes so I snuggle into Ethans chest and he's puts his arms around me to hold me close.

"This has been the best day" he whispers into my ear "it really has" I smile into him.

I look up into his eyes and there shining with happiness and they make me get lost in them "I can't believe we have a baby" I beam.

"Like that little man is coming home with us tomorrow" he says back, I just don't think either of us can believe it.

"I love him" I say and Ethan grins "I love him too".

"And I love you so much too" he tucks a piece of hair behind my ear "I love you so much too princess".

"Thank you" I say "for standing by me through all of this and for giving me strength when I was almost giving up" he kisses the crown of my head.

"You never have to thank me, my precious girl. I'm just doing what boyfriends are made to beside they are made to treat girls like you like Queens".

I smile and he cuddles me closer until my eyes droop even more and I slowly drift off into a light sleep.

Though, sleep is quickly interrupted as soon as the beautiful baby you made wakes up screaming at the top of his lungs.