i need you

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗/ 𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊.

✧・゚•̩̩͙ *✧・゚:·̩̩̥͙

tommy rolled over in his bed as the door creaked open, watching expectantly as light poured into the room.

wilbur was probably the last person he had expected to walk in.

"oh, hi wilbur," he greeted, sitting up and rubbing the sleep from his eyes, "what're you doing here?"

wilbur's gaze ricocheted around the room, taking note of all the mess hidden away in the darkness.

"why are you in the dark?" he questioned, treading over a pile of clothes as he walked over to the covered window.

"i was trying to sleep," tommy explained, wincing at the light when his curtains were suddenly pulled open.

the older furrowed his eyebrows, looking down at his watch, "it's only four."

"and? i was tired."

the brunette shrugged with a nod- he supposed that was a fair argument.

"have you not been sleeping well?" he asked, tone as casual as possible.

tommy seemed to think out his answer carefully, deliberating every word before he responded, "i've been sleeping fine, i just had a really busy day today," he replied, tone perhaps a bit too defensive.

"okay, okay, no need to be snappy," wilbur jeered like the annoying older brother he is.

tommy rolled his eyes, watching the other stalk around his room, "you didn't answer my question."

wilbur turned back to the blond with a confused expression, "what question?"

"what're you doing here?"

"wow," wilbur exclaimed exasperatedly, dragging out the word, "i can't even come see my little bro?" he joked, ruffling the blonde's hair with a cheshire grin.

"you never come and see me," tommy retorted light-heartedly, though there was subtly distaste lining his tone.

"okay, well, maybe i wanted to know how you've been doing?" wilbur replied casually, dropping down onto the bed by tommy's feet.

"i've been fine."

"c'mon toms," wilbur started, looking at him with unimpressed eyes, "you can do better than that."

tommy had always had the upmost respect for wilbur- he was such a role model to the younger boy.

he trusted wilbur with his life and, despite what happened when he tried talking to techno, he truly believed he could tell the older boy anything.

"i don't know man," he replied, shrugging lazily, "i've felt pretty depressed."

he wasn't depressed. the word just... slipped out.