a month had passed...

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗/ 𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊.

✧・゚•̩̩͙ *✧・゚:·̩̩̥͙

a month had passed since sapnap said he would talk to dream about moving out with karl, and he still hadn't done it.

he was going to tell him today.

it isn't a big deal- sapnap tried to reason with himself.

they weren't planning on moving far, all of the places they had looked at were maximum a ten-minute drive away.

yet, he still couldn't bring himself to tell his best friend.

"you okay?" the blond asked, snapping sapnap out of his thoughts, "you look worried," dream observed, tying his apron around his waist.

"yeah i'm good," the ravenette responded easily, "just zoned out."

"okay, good," dream replied, starting to peel a banana, "you scared me."

"how's your mental health been recently?"

dream seemed taken back by the question, eye's shooting open, "that was random," he laughed awkwardly.

"sorry," the ravenette replied quickly, "it just came to mind."

"well, i've been good," dream answered honestly, "better than i have been in years. i think having george around has helped me a lot," he explained, talking through his mouthful of banana, "obviously nowhere near as much as you have but you know what i mean."

"yeah, i get you," sapnap nodded understandingly, "he's healing you in ways that i can't."

"yeah, exactly," the blond smiled shyly with a chuckle, "kissing you just isn't the same."

"how rude," sapnap huffed playfully, crossing his arms.

"oh shush," the blond laughed, playfully rolling his eyes, "but yeah, i've been doing good, why'd you ask?"

"we need to uhh," sapnap stopped, being cut off by dream's phone alarm momentarily, the blond quickly shutting it off, "we need to talk about something."

"okay, that's fine," the taller boy replied quickly, "can it wait?" he asked with a guilty expression, "that was my alarm to leave for work."

"oh yeah, of course," sapnap replied with an understanding nod, "you better go."

"sorry," the blond apologised, swiftly heading towards the door, "i'll be back asap."

the cafe wasn't too busy- he and techno were never dealing with more than three customers at once- which dream was very happy to see.

"hello dream," bad greeted with a wide smile as he walked up to the counter.

"oh, hi bad, how can i help you today?" the blond asked, mirroring the other's joyful energy.

"can i just get a muffin?"

"just one?"

"yes, just one for now, and to eat in."