dependent survival

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗/ 𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊.

✧・゚•̩̩͙ *✧・゚:·̩̩̥͙

sapnap finished up his last line of code, saving his progress before shutting off work for the day.

he packed up all of his paperwork, dropped it into the filing cabinet under his desk, and picked up his phone.

dream wasn't home from work yet so he sent him a quick text letting him know he was heading to karl's before changing into comfier clothes and making his way down to his boyfriend's.

much like always, sapnap let himself in, shouting a quick, "karl, i'm here," and locking up the door.

he was confused when he didn't receive a response.

the ravenette made a beeline for the older boy's bedroom, expecting to see him asleep.

"woah, woah," sapnap spoke, climbing onto the bed beside the shaky brunette, "what's going on?" he asked quickly.

karl just continued crying, occasionally gasping for breath.

"okay, karl love, look at me," the ravenette started sternly, holding the other's face gently in his hands, "deep breaths okay? copy me."

sapnap took steady, deep breaths, praising the older boy for trying to copy him.

after a few minutes, the younger boy lay down, pulling karl with him and resting the brunette's head on his chest.

"you feel my breathing?" sapnap asked, receiving a weak nod from the other, "okay, focus on it," he told the brunette, gently playing with his hair.

within a few minutes the taller boy's breathing had calmed down, it was still shaky but no longer sporadic.

"why didn't you call me?" sapnap asked calmly, moving his hand down to rub circles into the older boy's back.

"didn't want to bother you at work," he muttered honestly, pulling himself closer to the younger's side.

"you're more important than work, remember that," the shorter boy responded, receiving a weak nod, "did you want to talk about what happened?"

"it wasn't a big deal," karl started, snaking his arm around sapnap's waist, "i woke up with a migraine and because i don't like taking medication i figured i'd just put up with it," he explained slowly, "but then i tried to eat and i threw up because of the pain so i got worried and googled migraines and vomiting..." he trailed off, sighing heavily, "i guess the results freaked me out and then one thing led to another."

"karl baby, i'm definitely going to move in and restrict your google time," sapnap joked, earning a short giggle from the brunette.

a comfortable quiet filtered into the room momentarily as both boys were lost in thought.

"do you think we will actually move in together?" karl asked shyly, avoiding eye contact.

"i've been thinking about that a lot actually," sapnap answered honestly, "i'd really like to, and we practically live together anyway's," the ravenette started, pausing to think, "but i don't know if i'm ready to leave dream yet," he explained sadly, "he's been doing really well recently but i obviously never see how he copes when he's alone."

dream pushed open the door, making his way in and dropping his apron onto the couch.

sapnap had messaged saying he would be at karl's so dream decided to fix himself some toast.

he ate quickly, trying not to think too much about it, and made his way to the bathroom.

he'd developed a new routine for when he was alone- eat quickly, and then shower.

that way he was able to wash away the gross feeling he got from eating and it meant he wasn't able to purge.

he thought it was pretty smart.

he finished up in the shower, wrapping a towel around his waist, and stepping out to his room to see his phone ringing.

"what do you want?" dream answered with feigned disgust.

"ew, why are you there? sorry, i meant to call sapdaddy," the brit jokily responded, earning a gag from the blond.

"please never say that again," the younger boy grimaced, putting the phone on speaker while he got dressed.

"are you in bed already?" george asked, surprised.

"no? what made you think that?" dream asked, pulling on a pair of boxers.

"i thought i could hear rustling," the brunette explained.

"oh, it's probably because i'm getting dressed," dream realised, "i just got out the shower."

"hot," george mumbled under his breath. dream rolled his eyes even though the younger couldn't see.

"anyway," the blond started, "why'd you call?" he asked.

"not sure," george answered honestly, "i was bored and you were the most recent person in my call log."

"cute," dream laughed, "now go call the second cause sap's out and i want to utilise this free time."

"what're you gonna do?" the brit questioned.

"read," he replied, taking his book into the living room, "i'm like two chapters away from the end."

"okay cool," george chirped, "text me when you're done and we can play imessage games," he suggested, and dream could practically hear the smile through the phone.

"will do georgie."

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

this one is short so i have no choice but to double post again... :0

see you again momentarily once i've posted the next chapter!

i. love. you.

-kit