single forever...

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗/ 𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊.

✧・゚•̩̩͙ *✧・゚:·̩̩̥͙

dream makes his way into the café to see it's practically empty.

that's a relief.

the only people he can see are a random customer sitting in the corner reading, and techno, his co-worker, who also happens to be one of his closest friends.

they've known each other since dream moved in three years ago and share practically all the same shifts. they were destined to bond really.

they're doing the closing hours today, so it's never as busy.

"you alright tech?" dream greets, making his way towards the pinkette behind the counter.

much to his dismay, the only response he receives is a half-hearted hum, the younger boy walking sluggishly to take the customer a coffee.

he comes back, and dream can't help but notice his friends down expression.

"you okay?" he asks, frowning at the other.

"meh, i'm fine," he replies, voice monotonous as always, giving away no indication of his true feelings.

"you seem upset," dream observes, trying his best to read the pinkette's blank look.

"i'm not upset," techno counters quietly, "i just feel kinda," he paused, offering a weak shrug, dream nodding in understanding.

"i think it's just the hormones," techno explained, picking up the cloth and spray to clean the tables.

without a second thought, dream took the equipment off the other.

"go home," he spoke gently but the still request was still stern, "i can finish up, you shouldn't be here if your hormones are making you feel shit."

techno couldn't help but smile at his friend's mothering nature.

"are you sure?" he asked sheepishly

"absolutely," the blond replied simply, finalising the conversation, "now go sleep."

with much reluctance, techno eventually left, dream taking over by himself.

luckily for the blond, the shift flew by, only one or two customers coming in over the expanse of the few hours.

he made his way out, locking up the café and heading next door to punz' shop.

"dream!" the older boy shouted from behind the counter.

"punz!" he exclaimed, mirroring the other's excitement.

"what c'n i get you?" the other slurred.

oh, he's definitely very, very drunk.

that, or he's high on drugs that dream couldn't even name.

"how much longer are you working for?" dream asked, ignoring the blonde's question.