moving in

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗/ 𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊.

✧・゚•̩̩͙ *✧・゚:·̩̩̥͙

the brit groaned, blinking open his eyes and squinting at the bright light filtering through his curtains that he had failed to shut the night prior.

he silently pleaded the person at the door would leave so he could get a few more hours of sleep. from all the physical strain of moving in the day prior, paired with the jet lag from the flight- george was positively exhausted.

after a few moments of relaxing into the warm embrace of his bed, another knock echoed through his apartment.

who in their right mind is at george's door at this stupid hour on a thursday morning?

he rolled over to check the time on his phone.

okay, maybe it wasn't early... or the morning.

realising he had slept past midday, the brunette concluded he didn't need any more rest than he'd already gotten, and that he should indeed answer the door.

he forced himself out from under the sheets, not bothering to fix up his appearance before begrudgingly dragging himself to the door, dodging past the few boxes he was yet to unpack.

he swung the door open haphazardly, trying to hide his sleep-ridden expression.

he looked out to see a slightly taller brunette, not much older than him, standing with a bright smile and a covered tray in his hands.

"oh hello," george greeted, unsure why he put on a shocked voice as if he wasn't expecting someone to be standing there, "can i help you?"

he tried his best to sound polite- welcoming, you know? all the ways you should present yourself to a stranger at the door. but deep down he was sure his voice was quite obnoxiously laced with resentment.

"it's a pleasure to meet you," the stranger exclaimed happily, "my name's darryl, i live just below you," he introduced himself excitedly, not stopping to breathe, "i bought you a gift!"

he extended out his hands, thrusting the plate towards george.

the brit took the plate slowly, already overwhelmed by the interaction so soon after waking up, "thank you."

he smile the warmest smile he could muster, lifting the cover to see its contents.

"they're muffins," darryl explained.

george had to try not to spit back a sarcastic 'well i can see that,' realising this was not one of his friends from home and that he had to be polite.

"wow, thank you so much darry!" he chirped, grinning at the taller boy.

"most people here call me bad by the way," he explained, george offering a weak nod in response.

"did you move from england?" he asked, filling in the awkward silence.

"yeah i only arrived yesterday," george started, "the traveling and everything has left me very tired."