champagne with george not found

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗/ 𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊.

✧・゚•̩̩͙ *✧・゚:·̩̩̥͙

by the time saturday rolled around, george was absolutely buzzing with excitement.

he had already prepared the food so it just needed sticking in the oven, he'd tidied the flat (not that there was really any mess in the first place) and he'd got himself all dressed up and ready.

but in the heat of all the excitement, george had forgotten the hands-down most important thing.

alcohol!

sure, he had lots of whiskey and wine in his cupboards- and presumably a few other liquors- but he specifically wanted champagne.

so, being the perfectionist he is, george grabbed his card and made his way down to punz' shop.

he grabbed the most expensive bottle of champagne. one, because it's date night, why not? and two, because it's a dodgy corner shop- even the priciest bottle is cheap.

he waited patiently while tommy bought his stuff- and by patiently what i really mean is he rocked back and forth on his heels.

tommy paid in cash, "thanks mate," he smiled warmly to the blond, making his way out of the shop.

"bye punz, bye george," he chirped as he left.

a grin broke across george's face, it was nice being noticed.

he put the bottle onto the counter, nodding to punz.

"that's the second time he's bought razors this month," punz told the brunette, gesturing towards the door tommy had just let out of.

"they must be for his dad," the brit laughed, "tommy hasn't even got facial hair."

"yeah," punz responded with a half-hearted laugh, holding the card reader out to george.

the brit paid, saying his goodbyes and leaving quickly, practically running back up to his room.

by the time seven pm rolled around the food was nearly cooked and george was standing by the door rolling on his heels.

about five minutes later, the door knocked and the brunette went to open it, hesitating for a moment so it didn't seem like he had been waiting.

"hello there," dream greeted with a wide smile, "you look nice."

george let the blush take over as he looked down at his outfit with a quiet, "thanks."

"so," dream started, walking into the apartment, "what's on the menu today?"

"i made steak, chips, and mozzarella dippers," the brunette replied with a proud expression, "it'll be ready to come out the oven in," he looked down at his watch, "eight minutes."

"sounds good georgie," dream chirped, ruffling the other's hair and eliciting a light-hearted groan from the brit.

"don't call me that," he scolded, playfully swatting the younger's hand.