a very mature dinner party

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗/ 𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊.

✧・゚•̩̩͙ *✧・゚:·̩̩̥͙

"jack, would you mind curling the back bits of my hair?"

he groaned, taking the curling wand regardless, "can't we just stay here?" he practically begged.

"you know it's going to be fun, stop complaining," niki scolded light-heartedly, staying as still as possible.

"sure, but i'd rather stay here with you and binge-watch horrid henry," the brit admitted, being careful not to burn the other.

"oh shush," she started, smiling at his complaints, "they're our friends, plus you'll have the time of your life once there's some alcohol in your system."

"alcohol?" jack chirped, still very focused on the task at hand "forget your hair, let's go," he joked.

much like niki had said, jack was very much so enjoying the dinner.

and not just because of the wine.

he was glad that he got to spend some time with george- before this he had only seen him briefly before leaving for a trip

jack couldn't deny that the brunette seemed to be a great addition to the atmosphere.

not just was he surprisingly funny, but dream also seemed a lot happier when talking to george.

but that may just be because they had been flirting the entire night.

to start with, jack thought he had been imagining it, knowing that the blond wasn't really one for romance, but when he left to the kitchen with his plate niki followed him out, also saying she had noticed their flirtatious exchanges.

now that they had finished eating they were deciding on a game to play.

"charades?" niki suggested while dream dug through a cupboard.

"please no," karl laughed, sitting on the floor beside sapnap, "i can't play charades for the life of me."

"how about scrabble?" dream interjected, holding up the box.

there were a few words and hums of agreement, the blond bringing the game over to their circle.

"why the fuck have we got scrabble?" sapnap asked, opening the box and setting it up.

"i think bad gave it to us when you moved in," dream replied, "we've never played it though."

"there isn't enough letter stands for one each," the ravenette pointed out, "either we can do have two pairs and two singles or people can just lay their letters on the floor."

"me and niki will be on a team," jack offered, "i could use the help."

"why don't you team with me?" karl asked, hitting sapnap's leg, "we'd be a great team."