getting serious

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗/ 𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊.

✧・゚•̩̩͙ *✧・゚:·̩̩̥͙

"come in."

techno pushed the door open with a small smile.

"did you want to go swimming tomorrow?" he offered, trying his best to sound casual.

"w-what? why would i want to go swimming?" tommy spluttered, "that's so random tech."

"well i was just thinking about how much you used to enjoy swimming, plus it's cheap on sundays so i figured i might as well ask," he elaborated, fishing out any lie he could think of, "we could invite wil and he could bring fundy too."

"sorry man, i think i might be busy tomorrow," the blond dismissed, looking down at his phone.

"what're you doing?"

"oh uh... i think i'm going out with ranboo and tubs," tommy explained, "you guys can go without me though," he offered, "it sounds like it'd be fun."

techno couldn't help but hear how sad his brother sounded.

did tommy always sound this sad?

or was he just imagining it?

"tommy, would you tell me if you were..." he trailed off as the blond looked up at him, "not okay?" he asked awkwardly.

"yeah, of course," the younger boy shrugged, going back on his phone.

it seemed like the conversation ended there, so techno left the room wordlessly, entering the lounge to see phil on the sofa.

he checked tommy's door was definitely shut.

"dad?"

phil looked up quickly, smiling at the pinkette- though his happy expression clearly fell after seeing how concerned the other looked.

"can you come to my room for a minute?" he asked quietly.

"yeah. yeah, of course," the blond man replied quickly, following his son to his room and shutting the door behind them, "what's up?"

"somethings wrong with tommy," he said simply.

"how so?" the shorter man asked, eyebrows furrowed.

"okay, i'm about to dump a lot on you at once and you're probably going to be angry i didn't say anything sooner but that's okay because i'm angry at myself too," the pinkette started, earning a slow, worrisome, nod from his dad.

"so, just over a month ago tommy came to me asking about therapy and stuff," he started, subconsciously picking at the skin on his fingers, "he asked if he needed it and i thought he was being dramatic so i told him he just needed to like sort out his sleep."

phil nodded along understandingly, urging him to continue.

"and then i sort of just forget about it," techno admitted, a guilty feeling washing over him at how stupid that was.