Chapter 39

Kai's pov

"Don't you dare leave me Kai" Angelina shouted struggling to balance. I laughed at her and acted like I am leaving my hands.

"I swear to God, if I fall because of you. I am not going to let you kiss me for whole week" she shouted again gripping the handle of bicycle tightly. I chuckled and walked beside her as she cycled slowly.

"Did I ever let you fall" I said and turned the handle when she took a wrong turn.

"No. But that doesn't mean you will not let me fall in the future" she said concentrating on her path.

"I won't let you fall" I said and helped her to ride the bicycle around the park.

I didn't believe her at first when she said she doesn't know how to ride a bicycle. But now I know, she doesn't. I should start teaching her how to drive a car too. And also she will have her own car which she likes.

"I am tired Kai. Can we stop" she asked applying brakes.

"Okay" I said. She got down from the bicycle and I took her place. I patted the bar infront of me asking her to sit. She smiled and sat on the bar sideways holding onto the handle. I started riding slowly outside the park.

"This is nice" she said looking around the place like recalling her days.

I thought maybe I will take her to her old house before it will be destroyed. I got a background check before coming here.

I took right which led to her house street. Her smile slightly faded seeing the route. After cycling down the street, I stopped at her house. She got down from the cycle and walked infront of the house. I parked the cycle at the side and stood beside her looking at the house.

The house seems to be wrecked and red tapes are sealed on the door with no entry sign.

"After your father body was submitted to the cops. The officers searched on his house finding drugs and weapons which he was selling illegally in Florida. He made this house a wreck after you and your mom left. Now the house is sold to someone and there are going to destroy it to build a new house. So I thought, I could bring you here to see it for the last time" I said. I looked at her and found her wiping her tears.

Am I hurting her? Was it a mistake to bring her here?

She took a step forward and touched the mailbox which is covered in dust. She wiped her hand on the box and looked at the writings on it. I went beside her and saw the writing.

It has her and her mother's name Vivian written on it.

"I and my mom wrote this when I was doing junior in highschool. She used to say that, in this mail box one day I would be getting my college acceptance letter. And she will be the one to open it and read the good news. We knew how difficult it was for me to enter a college with lack of money. We only hoped for best. But that didn't happen" she said still looking at the mailbox as tears rolled down down from her face.

I went behind her, wrapping my arms around her giving her comfort.

"Sorry for making you cry" I said. She shook her head wrapping her hands on my arms.

"This place hold many memories. They are good and bad. But the only thing I am remembering now is good memories. How my mom and I helped together in the house, making food, cracking jokes, telling me stories and many more. She was everywhere in the house. I only wished that she could have lived her life few more years. So that she could meet you" she said laying her head on my shoulder. I kissed her head and said "I would have loved to meet her".

I have only met her mother when she used to come with Angelina to the park. My mom and her mother would speak until we played. Once we both grew up, they stopped coming because we were more responsible to go to the park.