Prologue

Third person pov

Sometimes people change at certain age because they want fame.

That's the case happened between Kai Blackstone and Angelina Cooper.

They both met at the park when they were going to different middle school. That's when their friendship started. They became inseperable. They had back for each other. They would meet at the park everyday not missing a moment between them.

Kai observed every move of Angelina. Helping her in every sense. That's when he started developing feelings for her without him knowing. He promised her he will always be there for Angelina when she needed him.

But he broke the promise.

He broke the promise when they joined to same highschool.

Angelina was so happy that she would be going to the highschool with her only bestfriend Kai. But she didn't know what was coming.

When Angelina walked into the school searching for Kai. Kai was laughing with his group of friends standing at the entrance of their classroom unaware of Angelina searching for him.

He looked around and found Angelina looking for something. His face lit up with a smile. He was about to call her when one of his friend spoke.

"Hey, see that hideous girl" he said pointing at Angelina. Kai looked at his friend pointing at Angelina.

"She looks completely crazy and she doesn't have any dressing sense. I mean who wears baggy clothes to school. I don't think she has any curves behind that clothes" his friend said making the group laugh.

Kai stood there with clenched fist not speaking anything. He seems to be loss of words.

"Kai"

He heard her voice calling out his name. His group stopped laughing. He didn't turn to Angelina when she came and stood beside him.

"I was looking for you everywhere. I am glad I found you before the class began" Angelina said excitedly. Everyone was looking at Kai waiting for him to reply.

"Do you know her" one of his friend asked him.

Kai glared at the floor and spoke.

"No"

Angelina smiled vanished hearing him.

"Kai" she called him softly.

"I don't know who you are" he said looking at the hurt face of Angelina.

"You know me. We have been friends..." Kai interrupted her.

"This is the first time I am seeing you. How can I know you and besides who can be friends with you. I am rich and you look poor with that clothes of yours" he said rudely. His friends snickered and laughed at Angelina.

Angelina heart crushed hearing his words. She took a step back from him.

"Yeah. Who in the right mind would be your friend, freak" his friend said making the group roar with laughter.

Angelina eyes filled with tears as she looked at Kai. She waited for him to say this is a prank. But he was looking away from her like he didn't want her here. She waited for him to stand up for her when his friends made fun of her.

But he didn't.

"Get lost from here" Kai shouted making Angelina flinch in surprise. She hasn't seen him like this. He was rude to her.

She didn't waste for a second before running away from him as she cried.

Kai looked at Angelina running away from him with broken heart.