Chapter 27

Angelina's pov

"What happened to your mom" Kai asked.

That's the worst part of my story.

"She made us leave Florida because to save me. Save me from the vulture who was waiting for me. She did everything in her state to protect me. Even though we didn't have money. She worked hard and joined me for a school to complete my highschool. We continued our life until they found us again after few months"

"In order to save me, she sacrificed her life. She died trying to save me" I lied crying my heart out.

I lied because I can't say the truth now. I have said a lot already and I can't take it when I say how she died.

Kai sat beside me and picked me up placing me on his lap hugging me. I wrap my arms around his neck crying for my lose.

My mom.

Mothers are the gem of this world. My mom is a example for doing anything she can to save their children from anything. She was there in my every step of what I did. But until destiny took her away from me. I hope she is happy up there watching me and Luna.

Her preciouses.

"Your mom is the bravest and coolest person I know. Even though we had few encounters, I knew she was a wonderful person. I just wish, I have met her now" Kai said caressing my hair.

I smiled softly hearing complement on my mom.

"Me too" I said still hugging.

"Please forgive me Angelina. I should have been with you. I should have protected you from those monsters but I was a coward. I am sorry" Kai started apologizing again.

"It's in the past Kai. I don't want anything to remember that. So please stop apologizing. I forgive you" I said. He sighed and kissed side of my head.

After few minutes he pulled away and looked at me.

"Why did you act and try ignore me when we met in the hotel" he asked.

"Because you are popular. When I found that you were a company CEO. I know paparazzi would be following you all the time. So I did what I thought. When I and Luna came to New York, I found Alice. Even though I took time to adjust to her. She was there for me. Hearing my story, she and her parents helped me cover up for me. She changed my identity to keep me safe. I was scared once they get pictures of me, they would find me. So I acted like that to save myself, Luna and everyone who are close to me" I said.

Kai smiled at me and lifted his hand to my cheek. He caressed my cheek with his knuckles looking into my eyes.

"You are the strongest woman you know that" he whispered "I regret the way I treated you. So I am going to make it up for you. I hope you will let me" he said. I smiled at him nodding my head.

He gripped my neck softly and pulled me towards him locking his lips with mine. I kissed him back trying to calm myself after explaining most of my story.

After few minutes he pulled to catch our breaths.

I felt relief saying everything to him. But not completely.

"Wait" suddenly Kai said. I looked at him to see confusion hanging in his face "You didn't tell me how Luna came to the picture after you left Florida" he asked making me freeze in my place.

I hoped he would forget, but seems like he didn't.

"I..... I really don't want to ex.....explain now. Please" I pleaded closing my eyes tightly.

"Hey, hey, relax. I didn't mean to pressure you. I thought you missed it out. I am sorry for pressuring you. When you are comfortable to speak, you can tell me" he said. I sighed in relief thanking him softly laying on head on his shoulder.