Chapter 4

Kai Blackstone

Suddenly someone tugged my pants making me scream in horror. I jumped back clutching my shirt near to my heart as it was beating rapidly.

I looked down and saw a little girl with blue eyes looking at me.

"Can you open this" she asked lifting a water bottle to me.

"Who are you" I asked looking around.

How the hell did she come here.

"I am Luna. Can you open this, please" she asked again lifting the water bottle to me.

Still in my confusion state, I took the bottle and opened it for her giving her back. She took it and drank. But failed miserably because she spill water on her dress and floor.

"Wait wait" I said taking the bottle from her. I poured it into a glass and made her drink. I put the glass on the counter and looked at her.

She looked like a four to five years old girl. She was wearing a top with jeans and a beanie. The little girl is really beautiful and her blue eyes are mesmerizing. I feel like I know that face.

"Can you take me to mommy" the girl asked.

I kneeled infront of her.

"Your name is Luna right" She nodded her head "So how did you come here" I asked.

"I and mommy were waiting for aunty but I was hungry. I saw you taking yummy food and I followed you. Your food was so yummy" she said smiling at me.

I rubbed my forehead with my thumb and forefinger. This is a trouble. She simply just followed me and I was not bothered about my surroundings.

And her mother must be so worried about her.

"Baby girl, you shouldn't leave your mommy and come like that. She must be worried about you" I said. Her smile fell and tears started to form in her eyes.

"I want mommy" she started crying and I started to panic.

Not in my life time I have calmed a crying baby.

"Shh, shhh baby girl. I will search your mommy. Calm down" I said. But she continued crying.

"I have plenty of chocolates. If you stop crying, I will give them to you" I said. She stopped crying looking at me. I stood up and took the chocolates from the refrigerator.

"You want" I asked. She nod her head hiccuping. I gave her the chocolates and picked her up in my arms. She was looking at the chocolates as I went outside the kitchen.

I went out of the penthouse to the elevator. I pressed the button to lobby. I will try to search her mother, if I didn't find her I will take the little girl to the cops.

"What is your name?" Luna asked.

"My name is Kai Blackstone, you can call me Kai" I said smiling at her.

"I like your name Kai. You are really pretty just like mommy" she said making me laugh. She is cute.

"Really. And you are also very very pretty" I said rubbing my nose against her making her giggle.

"Like mommy?" she asked.

"Yes like mommy" I said just agreeing to her. I don't really know how her mother is.

The elevator door opened and I went out looking around for her mother who might be looking for Luna.

"Aunty" Luna screamed in my arms. I looked where she was looking. I saw a woman looking around the lobby but as she heard Luna, her face became relief and ran towards us.