Chapter 21

Angelina's pov

I woke to my alarm blazing around the room. I sat up and turned it off immediately not wanting to wake up Luna. She was sleeping peacefully with her cute little pout on her lips.

I got up from the bed and went into the bathroom to start my day. I stripped down from my clothes and left it with only my undergarments. I looked at the mirror looking at my body.

I had became little more pale and tired.

It's been two weeks since I was attacked by my father.

Yes, the same man who was responsible for my terrible life.

His violence and abuse will always be in my head which is unforgettable.

The only thing I have got from him is his eyes. His brown eyes which I hate to my life.

As I looked at my bruises which is almost faded but the memory is still fresh in my mind. If he had been more forceful, I would have broken my ankle and ribs by now. I prayed to God when it wasn't, it's only a sprain and little damage on the ribs. Even though I haven't gone to hospital, I know what happens when someone punches me. It became a routine when I was going to school.

I touched my ribs to feel the pain and there is a slight pain. I know it will gone in few days. My ankle was good in few days but I limped a lot those days.

After my father left, I composed myself and Luna going to my apartment. As Luna was asleep, I fell unconscious when I slept on the bed. The next day, my whole body was burning in pain and my head was hurting a lot because how he had grabbed my hair and pulled it.

Immediately I know, I had to leave to save Alice and her family. Even though they did a lot to me it's my time to save them from being away from them. I left being conscious about being followed. I did manage to get Virginia in disguise. I looked for a motel for few days and immediately got a job in resturant. The money is not enough, so I am searching for a better job. But for now I have to work.

I took out of my undergarments and took a quick shower. I came out and changed into my usually clothes. Hoodie and leggings.

I went to Luna who started to wake up.

"Good morning baby" I said sitting beside her on the bed.

"Good morning mommy" she said yawning with rubbing her eyes. She sat up and lifted her hands to me. I picked her up and went to bathroom to brush her teeth. As I had showered her yesterday night, I just changed her clothes.

After that night, my baby has become silent and more attached to me. She doesn't like to be away from me not even for few minutes. That's the reason, I dropped her out of daycare and took her to my work. My baby is scared. Looking her like this made my heart bleed.

Since we were in motel, we have to eat outside.

I pulled my hood up to cover my face and went out of the motel. It was fifteen minutes walk to the restaurant. I was walking with Luna beside me who grabbed my hand tightly in hers.

She would ask about Alice and Kai. It was very difficult to tell her so I would say 'We will meet them soon'. Lying to her is not good, but hopefully she will forget them mainly Kai who she grew upon him more.

The gifts he gave her, I donated them. I couldn't keep everything. It was a hurtful decision but it's only to protect them and to protect myself. I couldn't stay in Virginia for long, I have to move to a suitable place where atleast I can continue my life without my father and him constantly being on my back to find me.

Just a little more money.

When we went to the restaurant, I quickly gave some food for Luna as I put my money in the cash counter and started my work.