+

---

"The Winning Rat"

Slimecicle

Tw: None

Notes: Bleh so tired

Song: "My Ordinary Life" By The Living Tombstone

---

It was dark. Dark, wet cold- at least to you. With bloodshot eyes and a throat as dry as cotton it was hard to not see the positives, only catching how hallways never seemed to end. The maze had been full of twists and tricks that left you paranoid beyond relief. When would the torture end. When would the gods above take pity on your tattered and exhausted form stumbling from one dark corner to another. It was only after you had heard a childish voice ring out like a sharp bell from the shell of your ear did you finally freeze.

"Curious!" The new person said with a light tone. "Ooh this is fun! Hello there (Y/n), so glad I could finally corner you."

Looking over by our right side, you were sent scrambling backwards at the odd man. He had sandy hair and wide glasses, tinted green along with the rest of his striped suit. He looked like a poorly dressed 80's gameshow host. Er, or just an 80's gameshow host-

"Awh don't go! I've been waiting to get a chance to talk to the quiet mouse that has invaded my little game!" He giggled, rocking back and forth on his heels with a large grin. You found yourself tilting your head slightly at the strange metaphor but chose not to pay too much attention to it. After all you did have bigger things to be worrying about. A mysterious man appearing out of nowhere and ogling at you with sharp eyes for instance.

"Sir, Im going to need you to back up before I do something I regret. Pardon me I'm not normally like this, but I am scared as fuck and pissed off at this stupid maze." You said slowly, making sure to press your back up to a nearby wall and curl your fist into a small ball.

"But we were having so much fun." He pouted with a little whine. The cunning glint in his eyes gave away his true, amused feelings however.

"After all, you are just the winning rat in my race..."

---

First post in a while heh

M aliveee

365 words

-WayToSarcastic