+

---

"Keep the change"

Tommy

Tw: None

Notes: Be respectful please. It's just fluff anyways, nothing to get upset about

Song: "Mixed Messages" By Tom Cardy

---

The soft clicking of a keyboard filled the air. Combine that with the steady hum of a PC, and you had the perfect lullaby for a lazy Saturday afternoon.

Inside a room decorated with calming accents sat a young figure, typing away fluently on her grey keyboard.

Their name was (Y/n), and although it appeared to be a relatively minor moment, thousands of thoughts were flying around in her head at speeds only she could keep up with.

You see, (Y/n) was a twitch streamer. A well known one in fact. But instead of your average gamer screaming at pixelated screens all day, she took on a rather unique approach to the well known website.

Ever since she had been a young girl, (Y/n) wanted to help others. But due to her subtle, yet noticeable, awkwardness around people, she had found a separate way to get her voice out there.

At the ripe age of 17, she created an account under the name DontOverlookUs. Cheesy, I know, but it got an unexpected reaction in such a short amount of time. Now, after months of hard work, (Y/n) was finally getting recognized for her strange content.

What she did that made her so different from the average gamer girl, was that (Y/n) would stream a live podcast. Then after finishing it, she would upload the lengthy content to an alt account on YouTube. (Also undergoing the name Don't Overlook Us.)

Most of these so-called "podcasts" were actually just (Y/n) talking about the problems in today's society and providing verbal support to the people. She focused mainly on her generation, which ended up attracting many fellow Gen Z'ers with a thirst for change.

Currently, her most popular uploads were "Boys will be boys; but respectably" and "Eating disorders. Also known as a pain in the ass."

You can probably guess what they're about.

If one had stumbled across these cheesy titles on their own, they might have filed them away as some inspirational shit that the government required high school teachers to dish out. But because of her bubbly and humorous attitude, nearly every teen on the internet knew who DontOverlookUs was.

Networking. It did wonders for the virtual world.

That's why back in the present, (Y/n) was currently finishing setting up her streaming surroundings. (Yes, she did her streams a certain way. It helped calm her anxiety when facing such a prestigious platform as Twitch and YouTube.)

The influencer pulled up her screen, reached for a fuzzy blanket to wrap around her shoulders, and then clicked start.

It took a moment before she started to talk.

"Hey." The woman greeted her screen calmly with a small smile and a tiny wave. Immediately, countless numbers of people flew in, the numerous comments reflecting in her (e/c) pools.

"Glad to see everyone here today." She made sure to do her signature greeting that made the fans' hearts glow with warmth. To them, there was just something so precious yet empowering by the young activist that made them log on over and over again.