+

---

"The Internet Ruined Me"

Wilbur Soot

Tw: None

Notes: Obviously, I know nothing about Sadist or her lifestyle. I'm just taking some creative liberty for the sake of this story

Song: "The Internet Ruined Me" By Wilbur Soot

---

It was a windy day outside. Loose newspaper clippings fluttered around in the wind, almost looking like they were performing an intricate dance among the towering buildings. It was about midnoon, the sun casting short shadows on the ground.

Most people were out, wearing thin coats and sweaters to protect themselves from the brittle wind. Kids played with toy trucks, teenagers skipped around looking utterly in love with each other, and adults discussed the latest news together.

It seemed as if everyone was out enjoying the clear day. But somewhere in Europe, a young woman was spinning in her office chair, talking with her friend over discord.

"-and then he goes 'Now Sadist, put this in.' and screams c*m at the top of his lungs!"

"You're kidding me!"

"No! He actually did it!"

(Y/n) let loose a peal of laughter, in disbelief that a human being could have the audacity to do such a thing.

"That's the reason I've been slaving away at my monitor for the past few days? Just because a grown man screamed c*m and asked you to animate it?" (Y/n) poked fun at her friend on the other side of their discord call.

Sadist groaned dramatically.

"I know, I know! But I needed to get another video out and I thought we could have a bit of fun with this instead of more angst. Besides, the viewers have been bugging me constantly about bringing you back."

(Y/n)'s eyes widened in surprise.

It had been around two months since she had been invited onto Sadist's platform and she was still not used to all the attention. Her famous YouTuber of a friend had been struggling with managing to get all that content out on her own, so she had called up an old friend- aka (Y/n) - whom she had met in art school for some help.

After a few days of playing catch up, Sadist presented her offer of a temporary job to (Y/n). The broke artist had immediately jumped on the idea, claiming that it had been the best thing to happen to her ever since graduating.

A month or two later, the girls both published their first video as a team. It was titled "The Dawn Of The 16th."

Sadist made sure to put aside about 15 seconds of screen time to personally introduce (Y/n) to her subscribers. The viewers had promptly become attached to the new animator, spamming comments about how good she was at her job.

Overnight, (Y/n) had become a sensation. A small one albeit, but a sensation at that. She had woken up to hundreds of followers; a few even being part of the DSMP themselves. It was amazing what a couple frames per second could do to someone's social life.

She wasn't after the fame however, and made sure to let Sadist know that.

So here she was, working on her third video since being offered that fateful job.

"I'm guessing by your silence that you're surprised?" Sadist teased. (Y/n) shook out of it, laughing slightly.

"I just think it's crazy that the only things these people know about me are what my voice sounds like and that I draw for a living, but they're already clinging to me like it's the end of the world." She paused her drawing to twirl the digital pen in her hands