+

"A Dangerous Game"

Simpbur

Tw: Obsessive behavior and overall creepiness

"A Dangerous Game"

Simpbur

Notes: This was a special celebratory 250 followers chapter. Thanks for getting me so far you guys! And as a reward I wrote some Simpbur stuff. I have brainrot what can I say {*shrugs with an evil smile*]

Song: "Romance Is Boring" By Los Campionsheiuekjjfv-I-forgot-their-last-name

"Come on Quin, I am not downloading that game!"

A whine emerged from (Y/n)'s computer speakers, making them wince and turn the volume down. The young adult's friend of five years on the other side of the world continued to complain to (Y/n) loudly at their offer being unceremoniously turned down.

Currently (Y/n) was resting in their grey-ish blue gamer chair (or "gay"mer chair as they liked to call it) while in a call with one of their high-school buddies from forever ago. They both had been on call for so long, neither of them even knew how they had gotten there in the first place. The topic would change so frequently it was hard to keep up with.

"But come on (Y/n)! I know you love the SMP! Plus, I already played it and it seemed fine." Quin pleaded, dragging out the e in his sentence as if that would make it more appealing; his loud words causing his discord profile picture to light up with a ring of green light.

(Y/n) could practically see his face making that little pout that he does when convincing people to do something. Or at least trying to.

They pinched the bridge of their nose, leaning back in their desk chair to sigh and rub their temples. From all around them, the contents of their messy apartment seemed to stare holes in the back of their head as if daring them to clean up. Stray articles of clothing, dirtied paper plates, stained tea mugs and so much more sat untouched in various nooks and crannies. That's part of the reason (Y/n) had not turned on the cam when Quin called. They didn't want him to see how much of a mess their life had gotten these past few months.

"Yes, I do like the SMP." (Y/n) grit their teeth, leaning closer to their mic so Quin would hear them. "But that game has gotten some pretty scary reviews man. I don't know if I'm willing to sacrifice my entire computer to a website that's probably crawling with hackers and viruses."

From the other end of the line, their best friend sputtered like a fish out of water.

"Are you really going to believe those reviews over me? Your absolute favorite person?" Quin put on a sugary voice that made (Y/n) want to laugh. But instead they cleared their throat and kept on a glare (although the effort was a bit more forced now.)

"I already told you dude, this is a game about real people and streamers. They already get sexualized enough, so do I really even need to explain why playing a love simulator with them in it isn't my preferred activity?" (Y/n) sighed, bringing up a good point.

"But you see my dear friend-" Quin paused his sentence to frantically type something on his computer. (Y/n) heard his mouse click a couple times before he continued. "-it's not about the content creators. On the contrary, it's about the server. A sort of player insert if you will." He said carefully. (Y/n) could practically hear his sly smile through the words.