+

---

"Voices"

Ranboo

Tw: Panic attack

Note: This was requested by @for-the-rEVOLution Here you go mate, I hope it's alright!I was so excited to do my first request. Hope it meets your standards dude :D

Song: "Body" By Mother Mother

GN!

---

Talking. That was all he could hear. Day and night, the constant overlapping of dozens of voices, all of them yelling over each other.

The sound that stayed dormant in the hybrid's brain was akin to a horribly tuned T.V, one that spat static instead of playing shows with cheery cartoons. It was like the rustling of dry grass on a windy day by a waterfall. It drowned out nearly everything else in its path.

Of course, there were moments where it would come to a halt. Whether it be for a split second, or just disappearing as if they had never been there in the first place.

Ranboo liked to savor those moments. He could pretend that nothing was wrong. That he didn't have a hoard of hostile people fighting to be heard inside his head.

The voices were less frequent in their visits nowadays. Ever since Ranboo had ventured from his original home, (he had heard some of the passing locals refer to it as "The End") he had more time to think to himself.

The tall boy ended up using those snippets of peace that got longer and longer with the passing days aboveground to do things that made him happy. He built a quaint little house that could barely fit his lanky frame, made friends with one of the neighboring boys- named Tubbo-, and even started a journal to record his daily journeys.

It was a dream come true.

Everyonce and a while, Ranboo would hear the crowd beginning to shout again, but he would make a quick call to Tubbo and they'd be quiet soon after

But not tonight.

---

The walls were closing in. It felt like his feet were weighted. The cold and damp texture of the cobblestone below him was the only thing stopping Ranboo from feeling as if he would float into space- flying higher and higher into the night sky until his lungs imploded and ribs broke.

Ranboo was huddled in a dark corner of his dimly lit kitchen, pulling his trouser covered legs close to his chest, Shuddering breaths left his black and white lips, lingering puffs of smoke from the cold atmosphere appearing in the air.

Hours had passed since the dreadful tale-tell sign of talking had started up. Immediately, Ranboo had dashed to his nearby communicator to contact Tubbo, but it turned out that the boy was out for an ill timed mining trip. He wouldn't be back for a day or two.

The hybrid had resorted to curling in on himself and writhing silently on the floor. He had forgotten how hard it was to cope with it all.

He had been a fool. A fool for thinking that they were gone for good. That they were never coming back.

But the screaming that he and he alone could hear was proof enough that the little fantasy he had been festering was wrong. His hope had vanished away in the blink of an eye, as if it were smoke that someone had waved their hand through mercilessly.