Chapter 57

Kurogiri needs to go and I'm not sure how to get rid of him. My main issue had been Shigaraki, but after Kurogiri got in the way of Yoroi's bullet and Shigaraki's head, it has reminded me that Kurogiri is the main threat because he has the ability to summon the main threat. If the Nomu pops up, things won't be pretty because I'm not sure how long it will take for reinforcements to arrive. Currently, Midnight, Kuma, 13, and Aizawa are more than enough to handle the situation, especially with Yoroi and Izuku picking off the fodder to make things easier. I've told Nitsu to work on getting that thing off Kurogiri's neck, but have stopped him before he could do much, if anything. When Nitsu gets it off, Kurogiti will teleport away to keep himself safe, so there needs to be some sort of plan to handle this guy.

I've got options in the form of, Alissa, Gin, Kaminari, and of course Nitsu. Nitsu can get that thing from around his neck and Alissa can pop up and knock him out with whatever gadget she may have on her person. Or, if I use Nitsu again, Gin can go in, as I'm sure he's faster than Kurogiri can react. Then there's the obvious use of Kaminari's power and just shocking Kurogiri into unconsciousness. It is also the quickest and safest way to deal with him.

It should be the most obvious option, but I'm worrying over the fact I don't know how much protection that thing around his neck offers. What if it has some sort of padding within that would protect him from being electrocuted? Our attempt would fail and he would be more alert, making it harder for following attempts to succeed.

"Kaminari" I'll have to hope beyond hope that Kurogiri did not think this far into making his protective gear.

Whether Kaminari had heard me or not is irrelevant, as I would have him at my side either way. I'll have to consider how morally grey it is to perforate the minds of my classmates and teachers without consent at a later date. I don't plan on having them know what I've done either way, and if there are any signs of them tracing their behavior over to me, I'll just have them forget.

I'll have to consider how morally grey that is as well.

Man, I'm a terrible person.

Then again, this is the best way to handle the situation as far as I can see. In such situations, there is no telling how others would react and some of my classmates would be too eager and heroic to simply stay behind and remain safe. Controlling the situation entirely seems to be the best option.

"You okay?"

No, Kaminari, I'm not okay and the fact you're asking me that lets me know that I look as terrible as I feel.

"I'm not, but that's not important" I wave off his concern, and his attempt to say something is met with a hand to his face. "Hush and listen"

And he does, because I said so.

"I need you to electrocute portal guy" I point to the man in question. "Hit him with everything you've got"

While he's nervous and excited at facing a villain, he protests after processing what I've told him, as I expected him to. Currently, I'm telling him to fry his brain, and obviously, he does not like the sound of that.

"I'll fry my brain"

"No you won't" I pat him on the shoulder and turn him towards Kurogiri. "You don't have to worry about that, I won't let you fry your brain"

I'll be giving myself more of a headache to keep his senses intact, but I'll have to endure it for him.

He doesn't voice further concern, we don't have time to waste. The pain behind my eyes makes it hard for me to steel his nerves, harder still to quiet any doubts that try to wiggle their way into his brain. Controlling a person's emotions is a difficult thing as it requires me to keep that confidence. Calm is easy enough - my mind is oftentimes in a state of tranquility. Other emotions can be an issue at times.