Chapter 48

There's a shout, a thud, an explosion, and sudden pain as I'm thrown to the floor with a literal body weighing me to the hard stone floor and the sounds of curses as well as multiple more explosions that follow. My backpack is just within arm's reach of me, open and contents spilling onto the floor, the documents that are Midnight's assigned homework lay even further away, having slid across the floor to almost rest under the nearest seating. A take a deep breath and regret it later when the weight bears down even more, making it somewhat of a struggle to draw proper breath. I grunt, the sound followed by one that almost mimics my own and after a few dazed seconds, the body rushes off me. Green fills my vision, freckles, wide eyes, and an apologetic smile as Izuku scrambles to help me to my feet while apologizing profusely. His hair is messier than messy, his uniform ruffled and tie hanging loosely, he's missing a shoe and his smile is sheepish. Behind him, Katsuki appears with this hideous grin and explosions in his palm, all but glaring at Izuku and stomping his way towards us. Stomping turns to something of a speedwalk with morphs into a full sprint and I grab my backpack and jump away from the action before I could be caught in the middle once more. Izuku swivels on his feet, moving quite like a ballet dancer, and quickly parries his attacker, guiding Katsuki away from him with some good hand placements and sending the boy stumbling away from him. In a second his elbow hits the back of a blond head and the mighty lord explosion murder falls to the floor, smack on his face and Izuku smirks down at him for only a moment before rushing away. He bends and grabs a shoe I only now notice, shouts another apology and disappears into the elevator with his backpack barely held in his hands. He waves just as Katsuki turns to see him make his getaway and that smile my freckled friend wears is somewhat victorious.

Silence follows the sound of the elevator and I blatantly eye the fuming Katsuki, who's yet to get off the floor. His clothes are just as messy, an obvious sign of a fight if the previous scene hadn't been proof enough. The anger in his eyes can be felt and I shuffle back on instinct, bumping my foot against the documents that had slid away. I look down, look up and his eyes are on me. Red and near slits as he regards me as if I were the bane of his existence. His anger flares and makes way for something close to humiliation and defeat, which surprised me more than I would like to admit. He blinks and just like that he's on his feet, a scowl aimed at me and a grunt leaving him as he takes a step in my direction.

"What the hell are you looking at, huh?!" He inquires with another step taken towards me.

I clutch my homework protectively, as if he would do any damage to the things - he probably could. I stare at him, blank or incredulous, I'm not sure what's painted on my face, but it doesn't dampen his raging emotions any bit.

"You," I say simply, knowing that it's not the best thing to say in this situation. Katsuki is like a feral dog ready to attack at a moment's notice, anything can set him off and that one word is as dangerous as any other. "You're the only one here"

He makes this sound that's close to a growl, shocking me once more because I did not realize a human can make that sound. It seems some of those books weren't as absurd as they first appeared to be.

He scoffs, shoves his hands in his pockets, and turns away.

"Damn extra" he mumbles loud enough for me to hear.

"Got some type of inferiority complex?" I snark as I gather my fallen stuff and set them securely in my backpack. "Or bipolar disorder?"

I walk past him without much issue and can feel his eyes boring into my back.

"Your emotions are worse than a teenager on her period and being around you is almost painful" I don't make it a habit to talk this long to others I don't quite plan on befriending or things in that category. However, I do enjoy being a bother to certain people who meet certain criteria and Katsuki is just the perfect person to torment.