Shopping for the kids

Babies are really tiny creatures, aren't they? I had known that, but not fully comprehended it until I had one in my arms. I was anxious to hold my siblings, being as small and fragile as they are, but I had been convinced by my parents. Dad was at my side, grinning like a fool but prepared to catch my sister if I somehow drop her. That was my only relief because I really don't trust myself holding a child this young. She weighs almost nothing in my arms and she's very warm even through the blanket they wrapped her in. Her tiny hands are waving through the air in no clear pattern and when I offer my finger she holds on as tightly as she can. Why do babies have such strength, I wonder. When they grab something it's near impossible to get it away from them.

There's the snap of a camera and I'm looking at the smiling Leon who had been standing guard at the door. He's grinning like a Cheshire cat as he holds up my camera and I resist the urge to send him flying with a strong wind. How did he get my camera without my notice? I carry that thing with me everywhere I go just in case there is something I would like to forever remember. It was in my backpack and my backpack is still on my back so how in the hell had he gotten my camera?

"You thief" my accusation does nothing to make him guilty, instead he smiles wider and snaps another photo.

"I'm no thief, I'm just borrowing it"

"Well you better give it back" and it better be in perfect condition. I don't want a single scratch on my camera. I had gotten it as a gift from aunt Iris on my sixth birthday and I absolutely love it. It has amazing quality and the memory card has an outrageous amount of space in it. I'm no photographer, but I do find enjoyment in snapping pictures when I'm interested.

Man I have a lot of hobbies

I'm brought back to my sister when she so casually puts my finger in her mouth. Of course, anything that infants touch must immediately go to their mouths, that is the way they discover the world.

"You can't eat my finger" I tug away as gently as I can. With my finger out of her grip, she begins to fidget, clearly not happy about losing what she thought to be her toy. "You don't know where my hand is been and it's not a toy"

"You realize she doesn't understand right?" Mom had to question to which I give her a blank look. I know that, but I can still talk to her.

"And where has your hand been?" The question comes as a joke from my father because he knows that I washed my hands before accepting my sister.

"Ah, well my hand was contaminated, that's why I washed it before"

"How was your hand contaminated?"

"I made the terrible mistake of touching Leon, you know. Just terrible, I had to get the filth off immediately, lest I contaminate my sister as well"

I swear my dad choked on nothingness as he tried and failed to swallow the laughter that had suddenly erupted with my words. My mother would scold me, or perhaps she should, but how could she when I'm this way because of her. Instead, she hides her own amusement and she does a far more successful job than my father.

"Why are you picking on me today?" The man sounded as if he was about to cry, but I knew better. This guy is internally laughing at himself. I like people like that, people who can take a joke and not get easily offended. That's why Leon is an amazing guy and I actually like spending time with him whenever he shows himself. Even when he's not around I would sometimes seek out his thoughts, curious to know what kind of stupid jokes he would be telling when I found him.

"Nah, the real question is why don't you bite back?"

"I'm too nice for that"

"Yeah, sure"