Chapter 42

There's something about lying on your bed after working non-stop. It just feels that much better than simply lying in your bed, feels relieving on an entirely different scale. Even better when the bed is as soft as a cloud and the room is cool with the work of a good functioning Ac, truly a pleasant feeling. One I bask in as I admire my peach ceiling, silently counting the little cameras I could find on it. I just got here and already this room feels like my own, a good thing since I spent so long trying to make it my own. I changed the wallpaper from the bland colors to a light blue wall with little musical notes and paintbrushes littering it. I've learned that light blue and peach work nicely together as colors and have become my theme for my dorm at the moment.

"Alright then" I sit up, happy with my room for the moment and fully enjoying the feel of the soft carpet under my feet, its color quite pleasant to my eyes. How come I never noticed how nice a color peach is? And it really goes incredibly well with light blue. Even the wardrobe is themed after the room

I have suitcases scattered throughout the room and an empty wardrobe that's waiting to be filled. There's also a box of books and comics, all of which I'll carefully store away in my bed. Quite convenient to have an ottoman bed. I can store a lot of things under there, books, clothes, snacks, covers, and everything else, so storage is not much of an issue. Plus, my wardrobe has a nice capacity, so I see things working out quite well. Actually, there's a mini bookshelf in the wardrobe so the books won't need to be stored in my bed.

I should get a mini fridge to make things that much better here.

I've got a desk, my laptop, my instruments, my camera, art supplies - not all of them - school supplies and so on and so forth. Basically, I have everything I need in this dorm of mine and I'll put everything in their place before I leave this room. I will not stand for unfinished business, so clothes need to be folded, supplies need to be properly stored, book bag needs to be packed, school supplies need to be kept somewhere safe.

And so begins another hour or so of work.

When I got here the school's uniforms and needed supplies were already on the bed, and I had ignored most of them in favor of fixing my room. Now, however, since I've done most of my work I'll see what they've given me, starting with the uniform.

I like that I'm given a set of different options with the uniforms, as I have the skirt as well as the pants. There's also a vest, and I've only noticed Jiro wearing it. I'm glad I have it as well, as I have a thing for vests and will wear one whenever I can. Of course, there's also the P.E uniform consisting of dark blue pants and top. There's also that outfit Israel wears when he isn't in his hero costume. I guess it's an alternative? I'm not sure as I never asked why he often wears the thing. What I do know is that each of them is specially made to suit its wearer, which seems like a lot of hard work.

There are some very loud thoughts getting closer and closer

"Zena!" Mina almost falls through the door in her excitement, only catching herself last minute and stumbling into my room instead. The door closes behind her with the smallest shift of wind and she's panting as she stands in front of me, but she's smiling nonetheless. "Ha, I'm three rooms down"

Well yes, I had been well aware as your thoughts had been quite close this entire time. I've learned that she has snagged another jacket of mine and now I'm just waiting to go through them all to see which one has gone missing this time.

"I can come see you anytime I want now" she throws herself onto my bed - that I had just made. There's this almost intense anxiety for the smallest of moments as I worry the damn thing will just come off as it's that one with the elastic that's supposed to stay in place but is so damn hard to get on the bed because one corner never stays on and you have to fight to get it on properly and then you think you finally did it only for the entire thing to spring loose and you just want to cry as you sit on your unmade bed and realize you've wasted twenty minutes of your life and will likely do the very same again because you need to make the bed.