Meeting Pinky

One month of school passes in the blink of an eye and not much changes from what it was on the first day, not much happens anyway. The only highlight is my acceptance into the soccer club about three weeks ago, and with a match against a neighboring school coming up soon my attention has been on impressing the coach enough for him to allow me to participate instead of warming the bench with the other first years. Being part of the club serves as the only form of interaction with other kids, even then it's scarce to nonexistent, which is probably not a good thing. I could've had a little group of school friends by now if I took the time to actually talk to others. The only time I interact with my classmates is when I'm partnered up for one thing or another. The most I talk is when I'm with the soccer kids because soccer is a team sport and you need to communicate.

But do I want to interact with others?

I'm considering it, especially when Mina's between me and some jerk who thought it a good idea to bother me. Me not revealing my quirk has led to many believing me to be quirkless and since I've said nothing on the matter many simply think it to be the truth. This boy in particular thought that meant I would be the perfect target for him. I'm a first-year, a foreign, and probably quirkless, he couldn't have chosen a better target right? I practically had a mark on my back for a long time now. While I was very aware of what the others thought of me, of how they judged and assumed, I never thought someone would actually pick on me. Not with the way the bullies had been dwindling with Mina's interference. It just goes to show that there will always be an idiot amongst us and often times such idiots need to be taught a lesson, to be put firmly in their place.

Sometimes they just need a punch to the face and a knee to the privates, you know?

Having been pinned to my locker - I was kinda surprised the school had any -  after ignoring the guy's multiple insulting names directed at me, I had and still have every right to hurt him, do I not? So hurt him I did and as he lie on the floor a complete mess, clutching his crotch tightly yet gently with tears brimming at his eyes, I couldn't feel any pity for him.

He was embarrassed by how easily I had him on the floor and he was angered by the fact that a quirkless girl handled him that quickly. Somehow he found the strength to get back up - a regenerative quirk could be at play, if not a strength enhancer - and pick a fight. He was prepared to fight me and I was prepared to fold him in front of everyone watching.

Until I wasn't because so many eyes on me had me feeling very...slimy. Slimy is the only word I can use to describe the unpleasant feeling crawling across my skin the more I became aware of the stares.

At that moment I wanted to be gone

Of course, he would not let me go, so fighting seemed very unavoidable.

But now Mina is standing before me, friendly words spilling from her smiling lips as she tries to calm the jerk who seemed about ready to run me over. I'm very skeptical of this entire situation and Mina's success, but so far she had always succeeded in talking jerks down.

"Don't think that stupid friendship thing you do will work on me, pinky" he all but scowls at the girls, face twisting in anger even more, especially when he meets my eyes, his own narrowing to slits to glare at me.

Yeah, I don't think Mina can work her magic on this guy.

"It's not stupid to try to resolve things without violence" his words had annoyed her, yet that smile never falters. She's really good at hiding her emotions, I see. "You really don't need to be the typical jock bully, that's just dumb and cliche, don't you think?"

Yeah, it is.

"You calling me dumb?"

"Well if the shoe fits"