Chapter 9-lilly

I woke up early the next morning  and showered  but unlike normal days  today  I had  a few dozen ladies who get me ready I had someone  for everything  from shoes to hair and makeup  I was prepped my hair was professionally  curled and makeup was done  my dresses were altered  and  made to fit me like a glove I had jewellery  picked out for me.

Once all the ladies were happy with my appearance  they left and I checked myself out  and I was in awe of how perfect  I looked the make up was neutral and didn't  look caked on  and I loved how my long  brown locks  had gorgeous curls that bounced as I walked when I  made my way to breakfast I realised  that  I was the only one there  and the table was full of food so I began eating.

As I ate all my siblings  and parents  joined the table and   we ate in  complete silence   once I was done  I used a napkin to dab at my mouth   once I had dabbed my lips  I was approached  by a woman  who took out the rose  pink  lipstick I had on before and redid my lips I thanked her and she bowed before leaving.

Father touched my hand  and told me not to fear new beginnings and to strut with confidence  stepmother also encouraged me  to not show anyone my fear since the school was full of rich students  that could sense fear  I nodded  my head and   I kissed fathers and  stepmothers  cheek startling them both then I made my way to  the carriage  that  I saw was being pulled by sage  when I saw sage I took out sugar cubes  giving them to her and  kissing  her snout she neighed nuzzling  my neck making me giggle  when I was done showing sage love  I got in the carriage  and sage trotted  down the pathway.

Towards the school followed by Jose who  had become a good freind of mine
He spoke to me as he controlled sages speed and told me all about him and Freya  being engaged I choked  on my saliva when I heard they were engaged  but Jose chuckled  saying that in Flabosnia  couples often got  engaged young and married  at 19 I was still shook because  although  I did  want to marry one day and have kids  I didn't  want to do that so young I wanted  to study become a nurse or something because  that had been my dream but now I was a princess and when I grew up I knew that since I was older I would become queen of Flabosnia.

It was so different from  my plans  but I also felt obligation  to Flabosnia  and its people my thoughts were cut short when Jose told me of how we had arrived at the prestigious  school so I  consoled  my nerves and  locked up my  inner thoughts .

I sat in the  carriage until my siblings  arrived and  I was glad for the timing  because it helped me relax when my  siblings arrived Jose opened my door  and helped  me down lyndsey  came upto me  and hugged me  and along with our brothers  we walked in as a family  when the gates opened  all eyes turned to us  lyndsey  soaked up all the attention  and I showed  no  emotion   but I could hear  people whispering

"Oh my god she so pretty  even prettier then lyndsey"

"Its the girl with the voice of an angel  but how she related to the rest of them"

"Wow I would  love to hit that thang"

There were many comments  and many  stares  once the door opened  I felt better  as we were greeted by  the headmistress  her name  was Madame Clarinet  she looked prim and proper her clothing  was modest and fashionable  her hair was done up in a bun that was consisted of curls and pins  he face was kind   yet it held  firmness.

Madame Clarinet  told my siblings  to head off to the  breakfast hall  and she ushered  me into her  office I followed the protocol  and walked into  her office   without  a fuss and took  my seat  then Madame  told me of what they expected  from the students  and how acting  like animals  was not tolerated  she then told me other rules such as

No hanky panky
No  smoking anything
No making out or showing PDOA(PUBLIC DISPLAYS OF AFFECTION
No Eating  During Classes
No wearing inappropriate  clothes
Don't show skin  while on school premises

I was  in awe of the rules not because I found them  interesting no it was because I found them ridiculous  and most of the rules  were  about not having sex in school I mean I was a damn virgin and I had never even dated  anyone  and above that the rules were sexist  because it was centered  around girls  being asked to keep modest.

I mean  OK I understand  that sometimes  we purchase  clothing  that  is the latest fashion  but  is also ratched in a sense but it still don't excuse  them asking  us not to show skin  I mean.if its  hot out there's no way a person can  walk  about fully  covered  in a heatwave and not faint  due to heatstroke  but since I was new  I didn't  say  anything  as I didn't  want to hurt my fathers  reputation.

I smiled  and agreed to the rules  and then Madame  sent me to my first class and luckily  Lyndsey  had waited  for me  and she escorted me to  you won't believe  it  Kitty Party class and lyndsey  told me that all the girls  go to this class and talk about  boys and makeup and shoes  and future plans  from having babies to  serving  there future husbands and being  perfect  wives.

I was appalled  and I knew I had to speak  with  my father  about the sexist  lessons  so I  went to my  classes  and did the damn papers I was so glad when it was home time and I left school early .