chapter 3-Lilly

The letter read

Dearest lilly

If you have received  this gift   it means that its officially  your 16th birthday  and oh my god  that means that your growing into a wonderful  young lady   that I am  so blessed  to have raised  my sweetest  lilly I hope you loved the  dress and I am   so sorry  that you got it late  but I needed the funds to pay  for it .

Anyway  I just want to say that  its been a blessing  to   have  a chance to have adopted such a sweet girl  you came to me  when I was in my darkest  hours you see after your mother kicked me out because of that pig  Jamie  I had no where to go and thats when I saw emilys cafe  I began working there and   with my wage  I had brought a flat and 2 weeks later  I met  with Eric  it was llove at  first sight  soon we began dating and  after a few years I found out  that  I was pregnant.

I was so happy  to be  pregnant  and so was Eric  but two months  into my pregnancy  I found out that I had cancer in my womb and sadly my baby  died   I felt broken and thats when I remembered  you  I  wondered  how you were and begged Eric  to bring me  to you but when you called  to me  I thought  I was hallucinating  but when I saw you dirty and cold  and starved  i knew why god had  taken my  baby   I immediately  called the police and adopted  you .

My darling you were such a joy to have   that both me and Eric  forgot about our loss and when you called us mommy and daddy for the first  time we  felt alive  my next appointment  I went to see how  far my cancer had spread  and the doctors  were baffled  to  see it   fading  and they told me I could try for a baby once more  but at that point I didn't want one not because I didn't  want to  have my own child no but because  I didn't  want to  make you feel left out .

when I told Eric  I was afraid  he may not  like the idea that I didn't  want to  be pregnant   but when  he agreed to  raise you  as his own I fell in love with  him more and thats when we both took precautions   we raised  you  and felt like your  parents 

We are so happy  my darling   and never feel bad  after reading this  because we will always love you like our own baby   your parents  caz and Eric 

P.s there's a locket in the envelope  that is yours now take care of  it  its our love  and erics family  heirloom that is now yours.

When I finally  finished  the letter  I sobbed and  took out the locket  and it was so beautiful  it had gorgeous   designs on it  and in the middle  it had a blue turquoise  heart  there was an inscription  on it that read

"From those of love and light  shine so bright  so bright  so bright  as bright  as the starlight   keep the love alive  and never let it fade since this is the mgregory  way once you find the loves that are yours  let  that love show you it all"

The inscription  was so beautiful  and I understood  it meant  that once I find the man who makes my heart beat  hard  then that man is the key to my life and my soul mate just like mother caz was  father erics soulmate  and thats why  God took them  together that fateful night.

My tears stopped and  I  took a bath  I got fresh and like mother caz's  letter said I pushed all my hurt aside and went to make a better life for myself  so after I dressed up  I did my make up and styled  my hair  then  I put on the necklace  I sat on the bed and  waited  soon  I heard  the sound of   a helicopter  and  I looked out the window  and saw a red and gold  helicopter  flying up onto the roof.

I  took no notice  of it and began packing my things  when I was done I heard my door knock and in came a women who looked like a   hotel manager and  a big beefy guy who by looks seemed intimidating  but it never bothered me  the hotel manager  gave me a smile and said

"Mrs Mgregory  my name is sheena delves  I am  Mr Mccarthy's personal  secretary  and this here is Timothy  Wayne  Mr Mccarthy's assigned bodyguard for you we are here to take you to Los Angeles  where Mr Mccarthy is waiting  for you  he also told me to apologise   on his behalf   because of his absence  in coming today due to personal  issues but he also told  me  to  let you know  that he cannot  wait to meet you officially  and is sorry for not being there for you  during  hard times"

I nodded and followed the lady and man kissing the heirloom  given by  Father Eric  and Mother Caz  I  climbed  up the stairs  while  Timothy  held my bags   and when I reached the  top  I was barely  out of breath  thanks to my daily jogging  routine  at Father Eric and Mother Caz's  home I chuckled  seeing  both Timothy and   sheena  huffing and puffing  I took a seat to let  them breathe  and once they looked  better Timothy  put my luggage in a huge box that hung   under the helicopter  and  I was put in a safety  harness  on the  helicopter.