Chapter 2-lilly

I passed out and I landed in muscular  arms and from the smell I.onew it  was  Marcus  the kind old man up the street  he sounded panicked  and was telling  someone  to call 999 and then Marcus took my phone and called aunty Emily  I heard a shriek  and the phone going off i didn't  know how long   I was out  but i remember  aunt  emilys. Soft perfume  scent as she held me close to her heart .

I could hear her sobbing saying I was too young to see such a grisly  sight  and how she  wished she had known I would see that  then she would have never given  me permission  to go to my mothers Marcus consoled  aunt Emily   and said that sometime  things aren't  always   in our favor and its upto God to decide.

when the police came  aunt Emily held me close to her  and  stroked  my  long  chestnut coloured hair   saying things would be alright  and at this point I was awake  and everything  I saw felt like a blur i could  also hear aunt emilys voice above the  blur saying  it  was a  bad memory  that would fade with time .

When the police  had taken the  body of my mother and  the other stuff that I assumed was  dna  I knew  what would  come next   when the police asked   aunt Emily  if she could  adopt me  aunt Emily told  the police that she would love to adopt  me  but she had her cafe her own kids  and there was unfortunately  no place  for me to  stay with her.

So for a while  I was living  in a Foster home  temporarily  and aunty Emily came everyday  to see me  i told her how I missed her and  how odd I felt in the Foster home  aunt Emily  hugged me and  said that I didn't  need to worry since  the police would come soon  and I would have a new family.

When the police came  to the Foster home  they told me that  a man who claimed  to be my dad had come  forward  with  evidence  that showed  he and my mom  together  the police took dna from him and used the dna they took from me  and it matched which meant  that the man was my biological father   when I found out I was mad as hell because I wondered   why my father  never ever bothered  to  make himself known  until now.

I guess the police man realised   how I felt and he began telling me of how my father was very young when he and mother met  and began  dating  he told me that  after dating for two years   my father and mother  broke up  and  he had no idea that I existed its only when  Marcus  my fathers old role model  and my old neighbour met  during a  trip  to the Maldives  did they reconnect and Marcus told my father all about  mother  her  marriage, drug addiction, prostitution  and then about me  did father  find out  about me and begged  Marcus to show him   my picture  and just by looking  at me   my bio dad  knew I was his.

When the  officer  told me this  i still didn't  believe  it  but just then Marcus  came forward  and confirmed  it  Marcus hugged me and  explained  that life was short  and sometimes  God had plans in place  for  everyone  and forgiving  was  the key to a happier life i took Marcus's  words into  consideration  and  since I loved  Marcus  like a grandad  I  agreed to meet my biological  father  and give him a chance of redemption.

The next week was hectic  mother had her funeral  and I packed my things from mother caz and father Erics home including  the papers   that were the deed to there home and money  then I was taken Airport by  aunty  Emily  who tearfully  gave me her number and   hugged me tightly  I said goodbye  to my school freinds  and off I went to  the big apple aka New York  City

On arrival  to New York  I was told to go to a hotel  and tell them my name  since my father had booked the room for me  when I got to the said hotel   they knew who I was even before  I said anything  and straight  away  the gave me a key and took  me to the penthouse hotel  room right  at the top of the  hotel and there I was told to stay  overnight  and freshen up   so I took a shower  and put on my  pj's and fell asleep  in the most softest  bed  but when my alarm went off at 12 midnight  I opened  my eyes  and looked to the sky and wished upon a star  then I sang happy  birthday  to myself  .

I had officially  turned  16 the next morning I took out  the wrapped  present  in my suitcase  and  tore it open to reveal  the dress I was dying to get   when me and mother caz  went shopping  but at the time aunt caz never had the money   then as I took it out a  envelope  fell to the ground  and it had  mother caz's  hand writing i.tore it  open and cried  as I read what was written and it made me miss  her and father Eric alot  more.