Chapter 30

A deep silence echoed around you as you walked on the sidewalk of the school. It was quite good. You couldn't forget what your Gojo told you tonight. He swore to you.

You were well now. Completely. But physically. Mentally, you always felt it all. Many people died without help. A month has passed.

Until so long from then on. You may have died, but you didn't care. So was your senpai with you. Even though he caused you so much pain that day, ripping your skin brutally to just heal it. You didn't have any scars. Nothing has been etched into your skin after this moment. Nothing reminded you of the pain. But he was still there somewhere. Including his words.

„I will be with you. Always. I will never leave you."

He's gonna help you, right? Because if that's what it was about, then you're calmer. He will be with you mentally. You're just afraid you'll die without him by your side. Without saying goodbye.

You want to forget about it all.

__________

You went to the playground in front of the schools looking for anyone. As far as you know, there aren't many people in school today. Yaga has a meeting with his superiors in Kyoto, Ieiri has gone to heal people attacked by curses on the other side of Japan, Geto and Gojo are on missions. And Nanami... He recently returned. But he should be here somewhere now. You don't know where, and the size of the entire school doesn't help you with your search.

Luckily, you spotted Nanami on the field. He was training again. At least he's finished now. You haven't seen him hit or kick. On the contrary. He sat on the bench drinking water and then got up taking his things.

Of course he didn't see you. You were far from him. You started smiling knowing he was fine. And you were glad to see him. Like never in my life. Actually, he was one of the few friends you had. You ran towards him, hoping that you would happen before he entered the building. You sped up even more.

"Nanami!" you screamed before he went up the stairs. He slowed down, then paused looking your way.

"(l/n)?" he asked, surprised that you were running to him. Additionally, you were smiling. "Wait. Stop!" He waited when he noticed that next to him you weren't slowing down as much as you should. You suddenly jumped up, wrapping your arms around his neck, and hugged him.

In order not to lose balance after your sudden attack, and to prevent you from falling to the ground, he grabbed your waist with his hands and tensed his muscles so that he would not fall backwards. When he was standing steadily, he relaxed a little.

"I'm glad you're okay." you said.

"Yes." he muttered. "Thank you for your concern."

"I was afraid that something might happen."

"I'm back. I'm fine. I'm just a little tired." he said, pulling you down a little. But inside he wanted to smile. It wasn't often someone who was so worried about him. And basically you were his friend. He felt you were close. You irritated him the least of all.

He gently lowered you to the ground.

"Why did you still train after the mission?" you asked with slight amusement and a chuckle.

There was a small flush on his cheek, but he found a reasonable answer.

"I wasn't tired of the mission."

"I'm really glad you are back. It was boring sitting here alone."

"I understand you. Sometimes I have the same." He leaned in with a small smile. You brightened even more, completely unaware that you are not alone in school. Not any more.