Chapter 29

You woke up in your old room again.

You looked at the calendar.

It was September 2007. 

__________

Like they told you, you stayed in the first year. At least for now. But you ended up with someone new. Ijichi was boring. Nothing happened. You didn't train with him (which was lucky for you), but you still sat in class with him. The lesson was so quiet. You sat near the window and instead of listening you watched Geto and Gojo train together. It was even more interesting to look at Nanami. And it all made you get hit by Yaga. But you saw everything he taught. 

And when it came your training for the second year that you can join soon, you were so happy. Lucky for you, you won't have to repeat the second year either. There wasn't that much learning, just training and missions. So when you go there, you can be at peace.

But still, Haibara's death broke you. It was so quiet without him. Nobody smiled. After all, life in the second year was the same as in the first. But you could have been closer to Nanami. You supported each other and it was good. You treated him like a friend. Even like a brother. Therefore, he often did not even pay attention to your antics. 

And as Geto said, you saw them less and less. And that's what you didn't want. You were alone more and more often. And the lonely workouts weren't fun. Moreover, it wasn't cool sitting alone each evening. Even if you watched a movie with Nanami, it wasn't as fun as it was with them. It was even worse without Haibara. You felt you didn't want to be here. Not any more. You felt like you didn't have a place here. Like you don't fit in here. Because everyone was serious almost always. It all hurt so much. Theirs and you. Wounds, pain in muscles and bones. Same thing with people underestimating what you were doing. You were a semi grade 2 sorcerer. They didn't give you a chance to prove yourself.

You even went on a mission with Gojo. Once. Grade 1 curse and one of the special grade. You insisted you could handle it while he was about to take up special. He was already a special class at such a young age. He can handle it. It was worse with you.

Your technique was of no use in this fight. The only thing you could do was hit with weapons and energy, which you later ran out anyway. The curse had armor. Your gun was broken and your hands ached from cuts and scrapes. You were tired and weak. You wanted to go to sleep now. 

The gojo has always felt your energy flow. Even in his own fight, which he won right away, he only empathized with you. He walked calmly down the corridor looking for anything. And as soon as he felt your energy drained, a cold sweat poured over him. He widened his eyes at once, thinking it was over. If he couldn't feel you, what could have happened? Either you have lost so much energy or you are already dead. His steps sped up immediately as he made his way to the room where he left you. 

As soon as he got there, he saw you kneeling tired on the dirty floor. Now he felt your energy. Poorly. You must have used too much of it. 

As soon as he saw the curse coming your way, he didn't think, but only used his technique.

"Blue" he said quickly and just aimed at the curse. It was pulled in and you pulled forward for a while. You were fed up. You sat on the floor and fell limp. Instead of falling to the floor, your head fell on his thighs. He didn't want you to ruin your head even more than he could see. He was radiant with warmth, and it was pleasant. And so your mind was blurry. 

He turned you to face him and stared at the scratches on your face and a little blood dripping from the corner of your mouth. 

He smiled at the thought that you were completely dependent on him. This is what he wanted. He thinks you won't live without him. You were hurt, but enjoyed it. If he would take you on missions more often than you can, he could take care of you more. He didn't want you to get the attention of someone else besides him. If you were giving him that attention, so could he.