Twenty-Nine

,and I was in the darkness so darkness I became.'

A.M

Avatii's POV:
6 months later:

It have been 6 months last I saw Angelo. 6 months since everything happened. I have no idea which jail he is in, Marcus didn't want to tell me and he made sure for me to not hack into the system to see where he is.

After I told them all my lies the judge decided to free me. They saw that I was doing everything to help the police, and my father forced me to everything.

It was hard for everyone to believe at first but then I knew Melinda did something. She gave them a device of my father holding a knife to my throat.

It was when I was pathetic. He wanted me to do what he wanted and when I denied so he almost killed me.

I've been hiding for 6 months. I'm living with Melinda but no one knows it except of her of course. I barely get out of the house or do anything generally.

I told her what happened while I was with Angelo and she was understandable which I'm thankful for, but she also said that it's best if I don't get to know where he is or he knows where I am because then I'll be in real danger.

She also offered me to change my name and everything but I refused.

I'm done doing that all over.

I've done it once and it didn't go well.

Also there is still a little hope in me that says I'll meet him one last time.

Which I know is really stupid and fucked up, and let's not forget it can kill me. You can't blame me. He is the only one I really fell for and probably the last even though I'm pretty sure he wants me dead.

More than dead by now.

I took my wine glass before I went to the couch and sat down. I grabbed the remote and turned the TV on.

I started to go through everything but nothing to see. I took a big sip of my wine before I changed the channel and something caught my eyes.

"The crime lord have escaped Angola jail in state Louisiana! He escaped last night before midnight with a big amount of other prisoners that have been attacking the cops.

40 dead police officers, and 90 token as hostages so no one comes near the one and only Angelo Hernendz the head to the underworld!-

The glass fall down my hands making a loud crash be heard. Before a tear roll down my eyes. I started to have a panic attack which was starting to make me shake badly.

"I'm back!" I turned my head and saw Melinda entering the door before she closed it and turned to me.

"Fuck! I knew I should've called you damnit!" She hissed before she sat beside me and grabbed my arms.

"Breath Avatii. Breath nothing is gonna happen you are under protection no one can harm you anymore trust me-" she started to calm me down.

Melinda's POV:

I placed the thin duvet over her thin body before I removed her dry tears from her cheeks and walked out to the kitchen.

I grabbed my phone before I called Marcus.

"She knows he's out, any sight of him?" I asked hoping he'll say the opposite of what I'm thinking.

"No...I'm sorry but nothing. Last someone saw him was in Texas, he then despaired. We are still trying but I might be afraid that he'll come after her" he said making me sigh before I took my hand behind my neck.