Twenty-Eight

,We all eat lies when our hearts are hungry.'

A.M

Angelo's POV;

I'm gonna torture the shit out of her.

That's the first thing that came to my mind when I found out she's the fucking one that have been playing with my whole mafia.

She was right under my nose all the time and I was so blind because I thought she was the only one that will never do such a fucked up thing that will get to kill her.

But I guess I was wrong. She started a really dangerous game and I'm gonna be the one that ends it.

"So you won't say anything?" Asked the agent in front of me making me talk.

"I'm not saying anything without my lawyer" I said for the 20 time. I hate to fucking repeat myself and right now all I want to do is slice his head off.

He finally stood up before he left the room and 2 police officers came and grabbed me by my arms.

They started to drag me out the police station before the journalists started to take pictures making me want to fucking blow this place.

"The head to the underworld is down"

"The mafia is officially over!"

"Angelo Hernendz-"

I tensed my jaw trying not to kill anyone before the placed me into the car and it started to drive away. I throw my head back before I closed my eyes and started to think where to start.

They are really stupid if they think they can keep me.

Avatii's POV:

"For how long have you been working illegally? And why?" Asked Marcus with a straight face sitting in front of me while Melinda was standing behind him giving me the pity look I hate.

"My dad owned the American mafia, as you know he passed away couple of months ago." I said.

"And there are no one leading the American mafia now? As I know you had two brothers... Elijah and Jaden Miller" he said making me look at Melinda and see her looking at me while she slowly started to shake her head trying to tell me to tell the damn truth.

"No...as you also know I'm not close to them, I have no idea where they are, I'm also sure that the mafia is over. Last I saw them they were planning on leaving the states" I lied again with a straight face looking deeply in Marcus's eyes.

"Where are they now?" He asked again trying to see if I'm gonna stutter or change my answer.

"As I told you, I don't know it's been awhile last I saw them" I lied making him lean in his chair with the I don't believe you face.

"Angelo Hernendz-" he said making my heart start and beat.

"You went in for a mission and left begging us not to kill him....what happened between the two of you?" He asked making me hold my hands tight.

"Nothing. Nothing have happed or would have happened. He knew that I was an agent and a lawyer so he used me for his work while keeping me as a hostage" I lied before I swallowed my saliva.

"Why didn't he kill you?" He asked looking down his board.

"As I told you...he needed me for his dirty work. From there I started to gain his trust and gave you all the informations you needed...and besides I'm wondering if you got the shipment that held 2000 humans inside?" I asked raising a brow before he licked his lips and looked away again.

"You have marks all over your neck and wrists, and they don't look old. Something happened before we reached the room you were in. What happened and why?" He asked making me smile slightly before I gave him a straight look again.

"One of his men tried to kill me, he came and saved me" I lied with a little smile in the end.

"Why did he want to kill you and who was it?" He asked.

"He was the only guard he had that found out in the moment, he wanted to kill me and give my head to Mr. Hernendz" I said before I looked at Melinda and saw her eyes teary.

"It didn't look like that when I walked into the room...the look he had on his face was a look someone will give another for the desire of kill" he said making me look back at him.

My grip around my hands got tighter before I gulped and talked.

"He wanted it to look like I was an enemy so you don't use me against him" I lied again trying to stop my eyes from getting teary.

He kept looking at me and so was I till Melinda talked.

"She's telling the truth" she said looking down the computer.

"We'll continue later, take her to her cell" he said before he stood up and walked out the room. I took my hands and removed the threads from around me.

"You should have told him everything" I looked up and saw Melinda looking at me with a dispoinment look.

"You know I hate to do it" I muttered.

"You'll fucking rat in jail!" She almost yelled making me walk to her before I pointed my finger at her.

"I'll rather rat in jail and tell my amazing story to another one, you saw what happened when I told you?" I said trying to control my voice so no one hears us.

"Then let me tell them-" I cut her off.

"No! You promised you fucking don't. Don't make me regret telling you" I said before I felt two hands grabbing my arms and pulling me out the room.

They started to pull me to where the cells are before they threw me in one and locked the door. I went and sat on the edge of the bed before I took my hands through my hair and held my head.

"Fuck fuck fuck..." I whispered closing my eyes while leaning forward and backwards. My whole body started to shake and my eyes were getting teary.

I stood up trying to calm myself down.

I have no idea what to do...

For the first time in such a long time I have no clue what to do. I feel lost. I feel like there is no need for me anymore. Pathetic and worthless.

"Just breath Avatii..." I muttered to myself holding the bars.

Everything is gonna be fine, just breath.

————————————

Vote

————————————

Hello guys:) hope ya all are doing okay, and enjoyed this chapter. What do you think will happen next?
(A reminder: you're not alone🤍.)

*sorry grammar mistakes*

Love ya all