12. Wizards are too Obsessed with Hogs

{-} Jason {-}

  "So Hogsmeade is like this small Christmas village with all these amazing stores," one of the Weasley twins explained to Jason and Percy during Dinner. "Our personal favourite is Zonko's. Has almost anything for pranks." They both grinned mischievously.

  "Well, we really need some Dungbombs from Zonko's. Then we have to go to the Hog's Head," said one of them. Jason couldn't even figure out who Fred or George were, they looked too much alike. They were even worse that the Stolls, at least those two were brothers and not twins.

  Percy frowned. "What's that?"

  "Well, uh, it's this pub. None of the students really go there. Odd place." The twin hesitated for a moment. "Harry decided to make a meeting there. Something about a new study group. You two should come."

  Jason and Percy exchanged glances. This could really help them with their quest, they could keep a closer eye on Harry.

  Percy grinned. "Sure, I want to see this Hog thing for myself. Do British wizards have something with Hogs? Cause, like, Hogwarts is named for a hog with warts."

  The twins laughed. 

  "Don't know anything about history with hogs," the twin in front of Jason said. "Maybe ask Hermione, she knows everything."

  One of the twins looked up to see Lee Jordan waving at them so they could go sit next to him.

  "You two should go," Jason said. "Percy and I are going to the Common Room, anyway."

  "Uh, we are?" Percy asked, who just finished filling his second plate with food.

  Jason hit him with his leg from under the table.

  Percy winced. "Oh, yeah, we were! I have to finish my, er... History of Magic essay."

  They got up and waved at the twins. Percy glanced at his food one more time as Jason stirred him out of the Great Hall.

  When they were out of earshot Jason blurted, "Face in the Gryffindor fireplace."

  "Excuse me?" Percy said, confused.

  "Some days ago when I was going to the dormitory I spotted a face of a man in the fireplace," Jason explained. "I thought it was a trick of the light, that's why I didn't say anything. But now it occurred to me."

  Normal people would have said that he was being an idiot, they would've told him that it must've been nothing, just something that he imagined. But when you were a demigod and you were in a castle full of magic, you couldn't be too sure.

  "Did the head do anything?" Percy questioned as they climbed the staircase.

  Jason shook his head. "No, he vanished the second I laid eyes on him."

  "Maybe it's a wizard thing for heads to pop up randomly," Percy murmured, although he didn't sound so sure.

  Jason shrugged.

  They went up to the Fat Lady. "Mimbulus Mimbletonia," Jason said.

  The portrait opened, revealing the Gryffindor Common Room. The fireplace burned, giving the room a cozy and warm atmosphere, making you feel like home. No face was there, it was just a normal fire, serving it's purpose to make the Common Room warm.

{-} Hermione {-}

  Hermione would have appreciated the lovely day more if they weren't about to try convince a bunch of students for Harry, who was accused of being a liar, to teach them Defence Against the Dark Arts.