5. Talking Hats don't Respect Privacy

{-} Annabeth {-}

  As they were riding on the carriages a man with shoulder-length greasy, black hair stopped them.

  "Are you Chiron's campers?" he asked.

  Annabeth nodded.

  "The only persons that know about your quest are Professor Dumbledore, Professor McGonagall and me. You must tell no one else about who you are and about the quest. Please follow me to get sorted," the man said.

  When she saw the castle Annabeth's heart stopped. It was absolutely breath-taking. It was a Medieval Gothic castle which even Camp Jupiter's best builders wouldn't be able to build in a week by it's size. She had to get in contact with the architect of this castle. But she doubted that they were still alive.

  When they entered the castle they joined a group of first years with a woman in front of them.

  The woman nodded once in greeting at Annabeth and her friends.

  "Welcome to Hogwarts," she addressed the first years and the demigods. "I'm Professor McGonagall. The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you must be sorted into your houses."

  She paused, letting that to sink in.

  "The Sorting is a very important ceremony because while you are here your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory and spend free time in your house common room. The four houses are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin."

  The Professor talked even more about the houses but the demigods already knew all of that from the three wizards on the train.

  "The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I shall return when we are ready for you." She left the chamber.

  The first years glanced at the demigods, probably noticing that they were older than them. Some of them whispered to each other, clearly nervous about the sorting.

  After about three minutes Professor McGonagall returned.

  "Form a line, please, and follow me."

  Annabeth and her friends went at the end of the line and followed the first years through a pair of double doors, leading to the Great Hall.

  Annabeth held her breath. There were four long tables, packed with students, each representing a house. On the tables laid golden plates and goblets. The weirdest thing of all were the floating candles and the ceiling... well there wasn't actually a ceiling, instead there was the sky full of shining stars.

  Annabeth looked forward where Professor McGonagall placed a four-legged stool. On top of the stool there was also a worn out wizard's hat.

  She was going to remark something about the hat to her friends- but then it started to sing. So the hat was also a talking and singing hat, great.

  The song went on for about two minutes. Something about Hogwart's founders. But she noticed the hat was also warning the students about the future of the school.

  When the hat finished Professor McGonagall stepped forward, this time holding a long roll of parchment. "When I call your name you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted."

  She paused, looked down at her scroll.

  "Abercrombie, Evan!" the Professor called.

  What type of surname is that? Annabeth thought.