2. Jason goes through a Brick Wall

{-} Jason {-}

  Jason was not having a good day.

  So first, he accidentally electrocuted one of the Ares kids 'by mistake' for calling the children of Aphrodite weak. But he didn't kill him so Jason didn't have to worry about that.

  Then, he and his friends were assigned a quest AND taken back in time.

  The last reason was the biggest insult of all: he had to go through a wall. But this wasn't any wall, it was a brick wall.

  From all the materials the builders of King's Cross Station could use they had to use bricks.

  Why he hated bricks so much? Well, when he and his friends at Camp Half-Blood went to the Roman camp, Camp Jupiter, he got hit by a brick, which made him pass out in the middle of a battle.

  His friends (no other than Percy and Leo) made a joke about him dating that brick. Like he wasn't already dating Piper!

  But enough about bricks and dating. The bigger question was: why did he have to go through a brick wall?

✭✭✭

  When everything stopped spinning, Leo ran for the nearest trash can and puked.

  Jason smirked, that reminded him of the good old days when he, Piper and Leo just arrived from their first quest at Camp Half-Blood. Shortly after arriving back at Camp Leo had ran to the nearest trash can and puked.

  He looked around and realised that they were at a train station. He also realised that his friends were shorter, including him.

  "Where are we?" he asked.

  "London, King's Cross Station," Annabeth responded immediately.

  Jason took some time processing that. So from America they travelled to London? Wow, that was like seven thousand kilometres.

  Piper rummaged through a backpack. Wait, when did they have bags?

  He looked behind him and realised that Hecate had gotten them a bag and a luggage each. Wait no- a trunk, on a trolley.

  "Hecate gave us these," Percy said, holding up a ticket that read 'FLAROMPT 9 3/4.'

  "Uh, what does it say?" Jason asked, knowing that his dyslexia was acting up.

  That was the problem with demigods. They had dyslexia and ADHD. Not all demigods did though, like his friend Frank didn't have either of them. Some demigods even turned out being seriously ADHD like Leo, who always had to keep his hands busy.

  The others tried reading it.

  "Pla-a-a," Nico stuttered.

  While trying to read it Leo joined them and examined the ticket as if it was one of his machines.

  "Platform nine and three-quarters," Leo finally figured out.

  Annabeth shook her head. "There are Platforms nine and ten here. But no nine and three-quarters. Maybe it's a wizard thing?"

  That was when a limping man with an eyepatch walked past them, pulling a trolley full of trunks. The weird thing was that on his eye patch was a literal moving eye.

  Even by demigod terms, that was not normal. That person might be a follower of Hecate or a monster.

  "Follow the man with the moving eye?" Percy suggested.

  Annabeth nodded, clearly not liking the idea. "We follow the man with the moving eye."

  They crept behind the peculiar man. Jason didn't know why but he freaked him out. He fought lots of monsters, titans and giants but this guy seemed different.

  They were doing a pretty good job until the man turned around and noticed them.

  "And what do you think you six are doing, following me?" he asked in a gruff voice.

  Everyone hesitated except for Piper. She stepped forward, probably going to use her charmspeak. "We are so sorry-"

  The man's normal eye twinkled. "No need to explain, I know demigods when I see them, a daughter of Aphrodite I see." Then he looked at Annabeth. "A daughter of Athena, of course, with your grey eyes. You with the curly brown hair is a son of Hephaestus. You also have power over fire, unlike others. He looked at Percy. "A son of Poseidon, yes I can sense the sea in your blood."

  Percy didn't even know how to react.

  "The pale one is a son of Hades and..." he faced Jason. "Ah, a child of Rome, a son of Jupiter."

  How he knew who they were, Jason did not know, maybe from that weird eye?

  Annabeth examined the man. "Who are you?" she demanded.

  "Alastor Moody, but I'm mostly known as Mad-Eye Moody."

  What a nice nickname.

  "I'm descended from both Mars and Hecate," Mad-Eye continued, "But enough about myself, what are you six doing here?"

  Piper started to speak again, this time not using charmspeak. "Well sir, Hecate sent us to go on a quest at a school in Scotland. We're trying to find Platform nine and three-quarters."

  "Actually, I was going there right now, follow me," he said.

  The six followed him. Jason still felt nervous around Mad-Eye, just now he knew that he was a friend, not an enemy.

  Mad-Eye suddenly stopped between Platforms nine and ten.

  He pointed at the barrier between those two platforms. "To go to Platform nine and three-quarters you must go through that."

  Nico frowned. "Wont the mortals notice, though, or does the mist help?"

  "Too many people, the mist helps a bit, too. Try staying in the crowd of people and act naturally. I'll show you how."

  Mad Eye-Moody limped towards the barrier, pushing his trolley. Until he vanished completely.

  Leo whistled. "These magic people are pretty smart." Without waiting for the others, he dashed through the barrier.

  "Seriously, Leo?" Piper rolled her eyes. "Come on, Annabeth, lets go." she and Annabeth walked inside the barrier, much more maturely than Leo. They vanished.

  "So..." Jason started awkwardly. He did not like the idea of going through the brick barrier, "who's gonna go next?"

  With no response, Nico and Percy ran towards it.

  "Wow, I have great friends." Jason muttered under his breath as he pulled his trolley through the barrier.