7. Women Wearing Pink are Evil

{-} Piper {-}

  Piper did NOT like Defence Against the Dark Arts.

  When she first saw Professor Umbridge at the Sorting she thought that she taught something like 'Girly Fashion Class.' Instead she taught a Dark Arts class.

  Then she made her speech and if it was even possible, Piper hated her even more.

  And even during class, she just told them to read a stupid book. And Nico and Percy... well she could just recount everything that happened.

✭✭✭

  "Settle down," said the Professor that led them to Hogwarts who she later on learned that he was Professor Snape, the Head of her house.

  "Today we will be mixing a potion that often comes up at Ordinary Wizarding Level: the Draught of Peace, a potion to calm anxiety and soothe agitation," said Professor Snape.

  He observed the students in front of him.

  "But be warned: if you are too heavy-handed with the ingredients you will put the drinker into a heavy and sometimes irreversible sleep, so you will need to pay close attention to what you are doing," he continued.

  "The ingredients and method-" the Professor flicked his wand and words appeared on the board. "-are on the blackboard. You will find everything you need-" he flicked his wand towards a cupboard and it sprung open. "-in the store cupboard, you have an hour and a half."

  He paused, noticing Ron and Harry at the back who were talking between themselves in hushed tones.

  "I see that Weasley and Potter have volunteered to help the four new students in our class."

  Harry and Ron suddenly stopped talking and glared at him.

  "Potter, go next to Mr Jackson and Weasley can help Mr Grace. While Granger will be helping Miss McLean and Mr di Angelo. Now start," said the Professor.

  Piper caught the trio exchange worried glances as they went to their assigned places.

  Hermione came up to her and Nico. "I'll go get your ingredients."

  After some time, Hermione came back with loads of weird stuff. When Piper learned what they were she promised herself to never drink a potion again.

  "What's written on the black board?" Hermione asked as she organised their ingredients.

  For the love of Aphrodite, did Professor Snape really have to write the instructions instead of saying them out loud?

  "Uh, we have dyslexia," Nico muttered, "We find it hard to read."

  Hermione's eyes widened. "You two can't read?!"

  They both nodded uncomfortably.

  Her look changed to a one of pity. "I'll read them for you two."

  Unfortunately, the potion turned out to be more difficult than Piper thought.

  While she was brewing her potion Professor Snape went up to Harry's potion and taunted him.