stuck

All you wanted was five minutes to yourself, something you hadn't had since your little girl was born, and although you loved her to bits, sometimes it was quite nice to go for a wee without someone accompanying you and trying to climb in the sink, or being able to have a bath without her little footsteps coming along the corridor to find you, having to end your 'relaxing' soak when she tried to get in fully clothed or eat the candle wax. Jack picking up on how exhausted you were as he offers to look after her for the evening, letting you have some time to yourself without having to worry about your mini-me wanting to get involved at every opportunity.

"Bye Momma" your baby girl coos as she waves at you, blowing her a kiss before heading up the stairs to start your pamper session. Stopping just outside your bedroom when you hear Jack telling her off for being naughty, giggling to yourself as now he knew that she wasn't the little princess she pretended to be when Daddy was around. Having to hold in your laugh when you hear him sigh and get half way through your name before realising that you'd gone to get away from all of this, his voice trailing off for the last few letters before your little girl starts screaming about something.

"How 'bout we play tea parties?" he says as he tries to distract her from trying to put clips in his hair, dragging a blanket off the sofa and tucking it into her little play house before gathering all of her teddies and taking them inside too.

"Daddy, get in!" she instructs as he just about manages to squeeze through the door, his 6"2 frame barely fitting, your baby girl having to give him a little shove just to make sure his bum made it in with the rest of his body. Several cushions being tossed in after him as he almost loses an eye, your little girl eventually joining him, accompanied by some 'food' that she'd supposedly made for the occasion.

"Mmm, yummy," he says as he pretends to eat a slice of a 'cake', your daughter's face dropping when she sees Daddy tucking into his food before she'd had chance to cut herself a piece.

"No, Daddy! Very naughty boy!" she shouts as she snatches it out of his hands, "You so greedy" she says before opening the window and throwing his slice of cake outside. Jack trying his best not to laugh at her attempt at the word 'greedy' as he covers his mouth with his hand, pretending to be shocked at what she'd just done as she bursts into a fit of giggles.

"What about my cake?" he asks as she carries on rolling around on the floor, your baby girl not letting him have anything else to eat as she scoffs the rest of her baking, hiding all of the slices up her top which fall out when she stands up, not really understanding why they came out when she thought they'd gone into her tummy.

"You go sleep now, bye bye" she says before pulling the blanket up over his head, roughly patting his head tucking one of her teddies, which Jack got her after he came home from a tour, under his arm before singing him a lovely rendition of a nursery song you and Jack would sing to her as a baby. Feeling very proud of herself when he finally falls asleep and starts snoring, picking up her favourite toys and getting ready to head out of the door before she's realising that his feet are in the way. Turning her head back round to look at him to make sure that he was still sleeping as she comes up with another escape route, opening the play house window again and dropping her toys alongside the piece of Daddy's cake before her body is following them.

Jack's eyes opening when he hears little huffs and puffs followed by a quiet 'oh no', her cries instantly piercing through the house when she realises she's got stuck.

"It's okay, let Daddy help you" he's saying, not sure himself if he's saying it more to himself or your daughter, before struggling to get out of the front door himself. Making his way around to the window as she starts waving her arms and legs around, panic setting in when he notices that she's well and truly wedged in the window frame.

"Y/NNN!" he's screaming at the top of his lungs as you come flying down the stairs, your heart in your mouth as you sense the panic in Jack's tone, not quite sure what you were about to walk into as you rush into the living room.

"How did she get stuck in there?" you say as you try to catch your breath, joining in on the mission to free her from the play house as Jack just shrugs his shoulders, rolling your eyes at him as your baby girl complains that it was all Daddy's fault because he had big toes that were blocking the main exit as you try your best to comfort her about the ordeal. Eventually managing to get her out when she stops panicking and tensing her muscles, cuddling her into your chest as she carries on crying about 'Daddy's silly feet'.

"You can go back upstairs now" he says when she finally settles down, coming to the conclusion that watching Encanto was safer than getting trapped in a play house with Daddy as she curls up on the sofa next to all of her teddies, screwing your face up at his comment because it was quite clear that 'Daddy daycare' hadn't gone to plan. Deciding to spend the rest of the evening cuddled up between your two favourite people, knowing that that's where your heart belonged, even though your half-run bath and collection of face masks were still calling your name.