46

Y/n's Pov 

I yawn stretching my arms and cracking the bones of my neck.

I glance at the time. It's 4 am.

I should better get a nap at least. How am I supposed to go to school tomorrow? I am in no condition to go there tomorrow but I can't miss the school because my exams are soon.

As I am about to walk to my bedroom, I hear my doorbell ringing.
I frown turning around. I wonder who is ringing the doorbell of my house at fucking 4.

Nonetheless, I decide to open the door.

It's him.

Jungkook.

I scan him from head to toe noticing his moves. He is sweating badly and is rubbing his hands together.

The very first question that comes in my mind is — Is he okay? — ignoring everything that have happened.

"What happened? Is everything alright?" I notice how he gulps but he doesn't speak yet.

I get more anxious because of his silence.

"Y/n...I... I don't know how... How to say this... I... I-"

I get it.

I stop him showing my palm.

"If you are here to talk about earlier then I'd love it if you leave."

I am about to shut the door but he pushes it open forcing himself inside.

"No y/n. Please listen to me." I roll my eyes but only my heart knows how much I am dying to listen from him.

Yeah, I know I am crazy.

Dead ass crazy. But people in love are often crazy, right?

Right!

"I..." He stares at me biting his lips. I have never seen him this nervous in my entire life.

"I... Love... I you.. I- I love you."

Oh God. It took him another birth to speak that simple sentence.

I scoff poking my inner cheeks. I can feel the anger rising inside me.

"Who am I Jungkook?" He blinks his eyes in confusion at my question. I narrow my eyes glaring at him.

"Do I look like an idiot to you?" He instantly shakes his head about to speak but I cut him off.

"What do you think of yourself? You want everything to happen according to your will. One moment you tell me that you don't love me and you let me go and the next second you're confessing and you want me to come back to you?"

He holds my hands but I instantly yank his hands away taking a step back.

"Don't you dare touch me." I speak louder than usual. He nods his head stepping away.

"I'm sorry.... I was confused... And I- I didn't know how to respond... I just-" He heaves out a frustrated sigh looking devastated.

I cross my arms furrowing my brows at him.

He looks into my eyes. God is wonderful. Gave us eyes to speak when there are no words left.

"I love you. I really do." I want to believe his words but I can't ignore what happened earlier.

He broke my heart and I ain't going to forgive him so easily or accept his so called confession.

"I don't. Go away." I speak nonchalantly pointing towards the door.

"I know you do. Y/n, please give me a chance. Please." I throw my head back scratching my nape.

"Just go away. I don't want to give you any chances."

There's a moment of silence as I look at him.

He is not standing in front of me anymore. He is kneeling down on the ground with his head hanging low.

"I know I hurt you but please give me a chance to prove myself. Please. I really can't be like this with you. I am going to bring us back."

I don't even realize how a tear rolls down my eyes.

I wipe it quickly before he can see. I let out a chuckle.

"We were never 'us' Jungkook. It was you and me. And what are you going to bring back? It never existed."

He stands up shaking his head.

"No. I know it existed. In the every single moment we have had together, it was special, it was us. I take all my words back. I am geniusly stupid. It is me who didn't realize how deeply I am in love with you. Please, give me one chance."

I take a moment to take in his words. Every single word he said is true.

"You are stupid." I stress on my words. He has his head hanging low as he nods his head.

"I know. Please give me a chance. I will prove my love for you."

I lick my lips taking in a deep breath.

"Get out." He lifts his head blinking his eyes at me.

"Y/n-" I point my index finger towards the door cutting him off.

"I said get out." This time I shout balling my fists. 

He slowly walks towards the door still facing me.

"Y/n, please-" I walk with heavy steps towards him and he back off until he's out of my house.

I hold the door staring at him.

"Jungkook, I told you before. I don't drop my walls just for anyone and everyone and if I did it for you that means you should be worth it."

He stares into my eyes taking his time to process my words.

I notice how his eyes glints when he finally gets what I am saying.

His lips curl up as he looks at me.

"That... That means you are... You are giving me a chance?" He asks in excitement ready to hug me but I put my index finger on his chest stopping him.

"You can't touch me unless I know that you really love me." He pauses but nods his head the next second having a wide grin on his face.

"Oh God... I love you. I love you. I am going to prove it. I love you so much." He gives flying kisses to me.

I control myself from laughing.

"Now go and sleep and let me too." I shut the door behind my back.

I can still hear him mumbling and squealing crazily.

I plop on my couch leaning my head.

"Did I do the right thing?" I ask myself.

I am thinking about my decision.

At that moment I didn't have to think twice about it but now, I am thinking.

But then, I realize, I love him, I still trust him. I know he loves me too and if he wants a second chance I'm willing to give it to him.

If things can get better I am willing to take the risk.

If he says that he can bring us back I trust him and I am rooting for him.

But this time I am going to be cautious. I am going to be more careful.

"I hope, you get what you want because I want it too."