28

"Do you like Jennie?" He is blinking his eyes as he chokes on his orange juice. You hand him a napkin as he's coughing while you are controlling your laughter.

He chuckles nervously looking away. "What are you talking about?" You nudge his elbows smirking at him. "Don't lie. I'm a great observer." He scoffs looking at you. "Hey, You getting the wrong idea... We are just friends." You smack his arm chuckling at it.

"Sorry but I accidentally saw your chats with her. Dude, your flirting skills are-" You make that puking expression and he's not liking that. He studied hard from his friend. Did his friend teach him wrong? His flirting skills are not that bad. "Y/n, don't make me kick you out of my house." You ignore whatever he said.

"Jennie even has a room here. Did you two do something till now?" You wiggle your eyebrows teasing him. He was simply showing you his photo album. When did the topic reach here?

"Shut up." He turns away hiding his red cheeks as now you're clearly teasing him more. He looks cute like this.

"Oh... When are you confessing? Do it fast. I wanna see her turning you down." He snaps his head towards you giving you a death glare. "Excuse me? What?" You give him a firm nod. "It's gonna be fun when she rejects you." He pokes his inner cheeks throwing a pillow at you that hits right your face. "What a bad friend you are. Get out of my house. Go away." He plops on the couch pouting.

You giggle sitting beside him sliding your arm across his shoulder. You poke his forehead with your index finger. "Idiot. Do it fast. I know she like you too. If you don't confess I'm sure someone else will. And there's higher chances she'll accept too." He frowns looking at you.

"Why? If she likes me why would she accept someone else's proposal?" He's worried and confused about that statement. "Oh God. Of course if you'll not confess she'll think you don't love her and then she will try to move on so to forget you she will date another guy." Oh shit. Why didn't he think of this.

If that happens, then it's a trouble.

"Right! I should confess. I'll do that. Thank you. You're useful at least." You roll your eyes snatching the French fries from his hands.

"I thought you had a crush on me." You instantly nod at that. "Yeah, I also thought that. And indeed I had a crush on you. Like when we first met at the mart I was like... Oh God, look at this hot good looking dude. I need to have him. But then I realized I'm just attracted and you're a complete dork. Doesn't matter if you're good looking. There are many of them in our school. Even Jung-" You stop in the middle of your sentence.

He's staring at you while you gulp looking away. He has a smirk tugged on the corner of his lips. You know what he might be thinking and you can't let him think that.

"Jung- Jung Young Joo. The best swimmer of our school. I'm talking about him." He nods his head still smirking. "Yeah, Jungkook is handsome too." You scoff shaking your head. "Monkey. He's a monkey. Handsome word doesn't suit him." God's gonna punish you for this.

He makes an o shape nodding his head.

"You know, you both..." You're waiting for him to complete his sentence. "Make a good couple." And next he knows you're laughing your lungs out at it. You pat his shoulders wiping the tears on the corner of your eyes. "You make me laugh so much." He's blinking while you're laughing crazily.

"Let's go to the rooftop. I didn't see that." You're still laughing while walking upstairs. He follows you. "Hey, it's not even that funny." You giggle turning around.

"It is. Very funny. We both can never be couples. Never ever."

~~~~~

The cold breeze hits your face making your hair flow. You're standing at the terrace of his house with him beside you. The view is no nice from here. There are so many green trees around and the sunset looks beautiful too.

"Since when are you friends with Jungkook?" He tilts his head staring at you for that very very random question but he doesn't mind. He answers it anyways.

"Since elementary school." You nod your head staring at the sunset. "Ji Eun... You know her?" He nods his head instantly. "Of course. She was Jungkook's neighbour. And I used to come to his house often so Iam friends with her. She's nice." You silently scoff looking away.

"So is it only me who saw that side of her?" You mumble to yourself. "They must be good friends." He snaps his fingers at you. "Of course. They are. They are like inseparables you know. Even after years, they're like that. Their friendship is elite."

You chuckle nodding your head.

"But I heard you ain't on good terms with her. I heard some rumors in school though I don't believe that." Your lips curve up as he's frowning.

"Thank you for not believing that." He nods patting your shoulders. "That means there's no problem with you two, right?" You take a deep breath stating at him.

"I'll tell you once I'm comfortable enough to let anyone know." He smiles at you. "Sure. If there's any problem, let me know. You have me whenever you want."

——||——

You're walking down the hallway not interested in anyone's stupid gossips. You can hear them whispering about you and Jieun. Rumors are really going far.

Now they think you are the bad one because people are making up their own stories but you don't care as long as it doesn't affect your academics.

You pull out your phone setting up the music when you bump into someone.

"Sorr-" You couldn't complete when you hear a familiar voice. "Morning
y/n." You lift up your head as you're met with a grin. You smile awkwardly wishing him back. "Morning Jungkook."

He scratches his nape looking away. "I'm sorry for not coming yesterday I was busy." You nod your head. "No problem. Not like I care." He let's out a bitter chuckle.

Right! You don't care. What did he expect? He was feeling sorry for nothing.

"Yeah, why would you care?" You nod your head. "Of course why will I care? You ain't anyone important to me. And the reason we meet everyday, was only because of dance otherwise we wouldn't even meet." He chuckles nodding his head.

"You're right. It's not-" He couldn't complete when someone comes running towards you and pushes him slightly standing in front of you.

Oh, that's his dear friend. Taehyung.

"Here. Thank you for yesterday. I had fun." He hands you a chocolate as you're smiling wide. "Thanks to you that I had fun." Taehyung is about to speak when he feels a pat on his shoulder.

He turns his head to look at Jungkook. "What's this about?" He shrugs his shoulders at that question. "Nothing. We were just having fun together on Sunday so I wanted to thank her."

You smack his arm. "Hey, you're getting late for your class. Go."

"Oh right. Bye. Meet you later." He pecks your cheeks and rushes to his class. While Jungkook is standing there dumbfounded with the situation. Since when were you this close with Taehyung?

"So, you were with Taehyung yesterday?" You nod your head. "Yups. I'll get going now." You walk away as he scoffs at himself.

"While she was having fun I was thinking what she must be doing all the time. I should've just enjoyed instead."