36

He stares at the night sky. So many stars twinkling bright in the sky but there's no moon. He sips his coffee sitting on the swing chair. 

He is still thinking about it. He felt a pang in his heart last night when he came to know that you think he doesn't trust you. He is unaware of how to make you realize that he trusts you.

He is curious too to know what had happened between you and Ji Eun that you hate her so much. 

'I can't drop my walls just like that for anyone. I did it before too and I regret it till today.'

One thing he didn't like was, how casually you referred to him as 'anyone'

He thought he was more than just anyone. He tilts his neck cracking his bone. He kicks the metal grill in frustration. 

"For once, Let me not hate you y/n. Just for once." 

~~~~~~~~~~

Today is the day. The Annual Program. There is noise all around. Everyone getting ready for their items. Teachers and all students are busy preparing the stage and looking after their costumes.

You are sitting in the greenroom with your dance group getting ready. "Yuna!" You call out the name of the dance club secretary. "Coming." She shouts back. 

Minutes later she rushes towards you.

"What is it?" You stand up showing her your look.

"This is the final look." She snaps a picture of you for reference.

"Alright. You look amazing." You thank her for the compliment. "Now you're free, right?" You nod your head. "Can you please check upon boys and help them too? They are just so clueless." You have to let out a chuckle for that. You pat her shoulders.

"Don't worry. I'll see them." She heaves out a sigh of relief giving you a grateful look.

You walk to the other side of the green room. Removing the curtains you walk inside.

"Guys, are you ready?" And there's a crowd around you.

"Y/n, why do we need to put this lipstick?"

"Oh thank God, you're here. This button came out. And this thread is not going inside the needle."

"Y/n, we don't have safety pins."

"Y/n, socks are missing."

"Y/n, how to do this make-up thingy."

"Stop, stop." You shout and there's silence for a second. "I'll help you all." One by one you help them fix their looks. 

You are standing at the corner near the bathroom door. It suddenly opens and someone comes out bumping into you. 

"Oh, y/n. Fix this tie for me." Who else can sound this demanding? 

Of course Jungkook.

You lift your head and tie the knot of his necktie. "Seriously, you are a kid." He gives you a sheepish grin pinching your nose. "Just for you." You chuckle slapping his hand. "Looking handsome." He raises a brow with a smirk tugged on the corner of his lips. "Looking pretty." You narrow your eyes smirking at him too. 

"Are you flirting with me? Right now?" He leans down having his face close to yours. Noses almost brushing. "If this is flirting, then you started it." You roll your eyes and instantly you realize the pin-drop silence in the room and several pair of eyes on the two of you who are acting like a couple. 

You look at Jungkook signaling him as if just talking with your eyes. Surprisingly, he gets what you mean but what can he do. 

'Act along'

You mouth out to him and he gives you a slow nod. 

"What's your fucking problem, huh? Asshole. Can't even... can't even wear your dress properly."

 Your zero fucking acting skills. He wants to  smash his head on the wall. 

"What did I do?" You poke his chest with your index finger. "Exactly. You do nothing. Oh god, why am I even talking to you?" Saying that you just walk out from there because you seriously don't know what to do or say. 

"I'll seriously not be surprised at all if I come to know you guys are in a relationship tomorrow." One of his friends pats his shoulder saying that to him. All of them seem to agree. "Maybe a little bit." Another one of the guys speaks. 

He shakes his head nervously. "It's not like tha-" He is being cut off by a fit of laughter. "She is bad at acting." They all are enjoying teasing him. 

Here, you are standing thinking about what happened inside. Since a day and and a half you guys ignored each other. Don't know why but you just did. 

Not for long though. Whenever you two are together you both fight and the next second you both are just laughing and being happy together.

You kick the wall beside you. "Why is it so hard to sort out?"  

You walk back and sit on a chair drinking water.

The annual program will start in 15. Your item is on 5th number. And then on 9th number is the singing one.

Yesterday you had your practice with Ji Eun. Like always, she has a nice voice. Better than yours. If not for her father, she would have gone to a singing school.

~~~~

"Are you nervous?" You raise a brow tilting your head. "Why will I be? I have been on stage like hundred times." He nods his head.

"Right!" You bite your lips glancing at him. "Maybe little bit. Doesn't matter how many times I've been on stage. It's new every time." He let's out a chuckle nodding his head.

"Here." He gives you a chewing gum as you furrow your brows. "Eat it. Chewing gum helps with nervousness." You make an o shape eating eat.

"But don't forget to spit it before we go on stage." You roll your eyes nodding your head.

"Were you angry at me?" He suddenly asks after a long pause. You look at him blinking your eyes.

"Not angry. Just a bit upset." He stares into your eyes holding your hands.

"Y/n, I really-" You nod your head caressing his palms. "Just give me time." He smiles pecking your forehead.

"Guys, after the act. It's our chance." Shouts the dance club secretary.

A few minutes and talks later with him its time to go up on stage. You just hope, everything goes well.

You don't trip on your own steps and fall over the stage.

Let's wish for the best.

You can hear the loud sound of applause and the cheering of the audience.

The lights of the stage turns towards you as you and Jungkook are the main dancer.

You both are in the centre of the stage. Soon the music begins and you both are trying your best not to forget any moves and concentrate on the music.

After hell of a sweating session, you hear yet another sound of claps. The hall is filled with loud noises. That means you did good.

Bowing, you walk off the stage.

Heaving out a loud sigh, you take a glance beside you.

"That was good." He pats your back walking away to get changed for the next item.

Singing.

You pat your own shoulders appreciating yourselves before walking to the green room where singers are sitting.

As soon as you open the door, you're welcomed by Ji Eun.

"Hello Y/n. I was waiting for you."