LXIII

the nether born pulled y/n closer to him, his left hand traveling from their jaw to the nape of their neck.

sapnap raked his fingers through the locks of hair that tickled the back of their neck.

sapnaps right hand rested on the small of y/ns back, his lips ghosting over theirs before they both pulled away.

a light pink flushed y/ns cheeks, their eyes focusing on sapnaps smile.

it was an awfully charming- but goofy, smile. the kind of grin that would only occur when one was at their most content state.

sapnap pressed his cheek into the soft bedding, his eyes tracing every detail of y/ns face.

like how their eyelashes fluttered when they blink, and how when they got nervous the corner of their mouth would twitch upward by a fraction of an inch.

gods was he smitten.

which was unfortunate, due to the circumstances. he thought.

y/n broke sapnap out of his little daze by speaking up.

"you.. youre against george..right?" they mumbled, eyeing the dark haired male.

sapnap let out a confused chuckle.

"yes of course i am. why do you ask.."

y/n folded their arms over their chest, settling further into the bedsheets.

"why have you followed under his rule for so long? i just dont understand why you would stay-" y/n was cut off.

"i dont- i didnt have anywhere else to go. dream was the only 'family' i had- with my father gone, i had no one else." sapnap muttered, chewing on the inside of his cheek.

"im sorry- i had no idea.." y/n made eye contact with sapnap, a solemn look in their e/c eyes.

"no its alright." sapnap smiled lightly, opening out his arms in suggestion.

y/n moved closer, allowing sapnap to wrap his arms around their form.

"i havent seen my father in maybe three or four years.. he went back to the nether and has yet to return. he never really specified why he was leaving, or when he would return but... after a year of waiting i just assumed he wasnt coming back." sapnap paused for a moment, his gaze fixing on the attentive person laying in his arms.

"thats when i sought out dream. we were childhood friends, you could say. we lived together for a while and then he disappeared one day. i traveled for months and when i finally found him, he was involved with george."

y/n let out a little 'oh'.

"when i first met george- i didnt realise he was a bad person. he was kind, he told me if i joined his army i would have a home in the kingdom...that he would make sure i was safe. after being without a home for so long... i agreed. i was with dream, the only remaining person from my past..." he continued.

"and after finding out what george had done..i couldnt leave. he would have taken my life.. or dreams."

"oh sap...im so sorry." y/n mumbled, resting their head into the crook of sapnaps neck.

~*~*~*~

it was pitch black outside, brooding clouds covered the only source of light in the night sky. snow fell quick from the above, covering every surface with a thick layer of the white powder.

dream had left the cavern and escaped through the stone passage. he had covered himself up with his cloak, pulling the fabric taut against his form in attempts to retain some body heat.

the blond trudged through the thick icy substance that coated the ground, making his way back to where he left spirit.

a few feet away in the foliage, stood a hooded form. brown locks peaked out from the fabric. the slender figure squinted, trying to make out who the other hooded person across the plains was.

he slid his slim fingers down to unsheathe his sword, his brown eyes flickering down to the weapon and then back to where the other figure was.

his brows raised in shock when he could no longer locate the blond.

"shit."

the hooded figure whipped his head around to see if he could spot the blond amongst the growing snow storm.

it was like he had disappeared. any footprints leading anywhere would be covered by now.

"hey, are we close? im freezing." mumbled a shorter male, tugging a dark blue cloak around himself.

the taller male hummed in response.

"yeah. the passage is just over there."

a/n- sorry for the shorter update- i've been really ill recently and i've been working a lot! also thank you to everyone who entered the writing competition!! you have 2 days left to get in your entries!! if anyone needs a time extension please let me know now. thank you! vote n comment <33