XXI

ive been on bedrest for around three days now. phils orders before he and wilbur, reluctantly, left to go spread word for the king.

it wasn't all boring, in the mornings tubbo would come and sit with me, bringing along his book on wildflowers. the younger boy would lay against my shoulder and rant to me about the different types and their properties.

tubbo would also bring his sketchbook, and we would draw each others favourite flowers.

when lunch came around, niki would bring me the soup she had made, accompanied by some potion to speed up my recovery process.

she would bring me new clothes to change into and sit on the bed, brushing my hair for me.

karl came around a few times to drop over some baked goods, after lunch when niki left he would come and sit on a chair by my bed and we would talk about his travels around the land.

from what ive gathered he has traveled almost as much as philza has.

in the evenings, after dinner, tommy would come and talk about his day. the blond would reenact his sparring training with fundy, with a broom from the kitchen.

after the teen had gotten tired, he would flop down beside me and complain about phil not being here, which i found rather funny.

it was around noon of the day phil and wilbur were to return. tubbo was sitting adjacent to me, clutching his book in his hands.

i leaned back against the wooden headrest, letting the sunlight from my open window hit my skin.

"did you know- the juice from bluebell flowers was once used to make glue?" tubbo nudged my arm, holding up his book and pointing at a scribbled in picture of bluebells.

"i did not know that tubs, wow." i smiled at him as he continued to scour the book.

i turned my head to the right, attempting to gaze out of the window from my seated position in my bed.

the sun illuminated the thatched and slated rooftops, casting a shine onto the walls around the town.

a small knock made tubbo and i turn our attention to the door. niki walked in, carrying a tray with a bowl of soup and a few slices of bread, presumably from karl and quackitys bakery.

"hey how are you feeling?" she asked as she placed the wooden tray onto my lap.

"better than before. thank you niki." i gave her a reassuring smile.

"oh tubbo- your lunch is in the kitchen, let's leave y/n eat in peace." the older girl nudged the boy at my side, who nodded and sat up from the bed.

"ill see you later y/n!" tubbo grinned as he and niki left the room.

i let out a sigh, picking up the spoon from my tray and beginning to eat.

as i ate my mind wandered, thinking back to the time i spent with sapnap. and then to dream. i wonder if he gave up coming to see me, maybe he had gotten bored of me. maybe sapnap was just being nice and felt bad. was he replacing dreams visit out of pity?

i shook my head and shovelled in another spoonful of the brothy liquid.

after i had finished the food, i placed the tray and its contents on the oak chair at my bedside.

i slipped my legs from out of the covers and reached down the the floor below, picking up the bundle of clothes niki had left for me.

with aching muscles, i pulled off my shirt quickly replacing it with the one niki brought and then doing the same for my trousers.

i curled back up in bed, pulling more blankets around me.

a few knocks echoed through the house from the front door. accompanied by the creaking sound of the latch opened and a few low voices.

i tried to listen in as best i could. the voices mumbled for a while, in the kitchen i assumed.

the shuffling of footsteps and stools moving could be heard from across the house.

the muffled voices continued until.

"yes it's that way, through there." nikis soft voice hummed.

heavy footsteps approached my way, the floorboards creaking underneath whoever was walking.

the door to my bedroom creaked open, and a tall figure stood in its frame.

his broad shoulders were adorned with a deep red cloak with a white fur trim, gold jewellery and chains hung from his body. long pink hair was braided down his side and pushed over his left shoulder.

his eyes made contact with mine and a grin spread across his features.

"techno?" i practically leaped out of bed, running to him as he encased me in a soft hug.

"hey nerd, ive missed you."

a/n- apologies i meant to update the other day but im sick right now but hey hey, technos here. vote n comment mwah <3