III

tubbo and i headed back to the house. walking through the door, i found the kitchen was empty. tommy must be with wil now.

i pulled out a basket from one of the cupboards and started to fill it with jams and fruits. i put one of the loaves of bread, i bought from karl and quackity, into the basket. setting one aside for tommy when was was done training.

i wrapped up the contents of the basket it a white cloth, closing the woven top.

"you ready tubbo?" i chuckled as i watched the young boy scramble to get his cloak. i adjusted my hood and we commenced on our short walk to the l'manburg gates.

two guards stood by the gates, stoic expressions plastered on their features.

"hey fundy, we're just going to see the bees. we should be back in a few hours." tubbo smiled at one of the soldiers. he was sporting the l'manburg uniform, light brown hair with a streak of silver peaked from under his hat, big brown eyes made contact with mine.

he gave me a smile, which i returned. i had met fundy briefly when i first arrived at l'manburg, he was wilbur's adopted son, despite them being only a few years apart in age.

"alright, ill see you both later then." he nodded, allowing us to pass him.

we walked in silence for a while, until we reached the woods i had met dream in the night previously.

"tubbo? how do you know dream?" curiosity laced my voice, i turned to the boy by my side.

the brunette frowned for a moment, features contorting into contemplation.

"he's the king's personal knight i believe." tubbo commented after a few minutes.

"oh i didn't know l'manburg had a king- i thought wil was the leader?"

"the land bordering l'manburg has a king, the dream smp." tubbo replied, playing with the hem of his pine coloured cloak.

"our lands were at war for a while- but we've made some form of peace. it's a long story." he mumbled as we continued to walk and i nodded.

"hey i think we're near the bees" he smiled at me, dragging me towards the patch of flowers in the valley.

~*~*~*~

the long grass came up to our waists, hundreds of flowers were speckled around the field and beehives hung from a large oak tree that was in the centre of everything.

"race you to the middle!" tubbo declared and sprinted off towards the tree. i chuckled and ran after him, clutching the basket close.

tubbo ran and tapped the bark of the tree, cheering loudly. i smiled at the boy, shaking my head.

"you didn't warn me- i demand a rematch later." i nudged him as i lay out a patchwork blanket under the shade of the leaves.

we both sat down and i unpacked the picnic, tearing the bread in half and passing it to tubbo, who happily accepted it.

we made small talk as we ate, looking around at the many flowers. tubbo finished up his food and jumped up. i squinted at him, the sunlight blinding my eyes.

"im gonna look for bees, ill be right back." he wandered off into the grass.

i sat up, might as well pick more flowers for the festival. i walked close to the forest, harvesting orchids, lilies and tulips. the clanking of armour filled my ears and my head shot to my left.

a man, wearing chainmail and a blackened chest plate, stood a few feet away from me, pointing his sword at me.

i dropped the flowers i had been gathering and held my hands up to my face.

"you're trespassing on the kings land." he stated, inching his sword closer to my throat.

"i had no idea- im so sorry-" i mumbled out a string of apologies and shut my eyes tight, waiting for impact.

"sapnap! what the hell are you doing?!" a voice demanded loudly, i opened my eyes to see the man previously threatening my life, had been pushed aside and replaced with the masked man i had met the other night.

i could feel the intense glare dream was giving his comrade, the raven haired male frowned placing his sword back in its sheath.

"i apologise for that- he gets a little excited sometimes." dream chuckled, attempting to make light of the situation.

i was in shock, still holding my hands up. i glanced from one male to the other. dream bent down in front of me picking up the flowers i had dropped.

bundling them up, he pushed them into my arms lightly. i gave him a weak smile, gripping the flourishing plants tight in fear of dropping them again.

dream turned to his friend, his dirty blonde hair peaked out from under his hood, as he nudged sapnap forward.

"im sorry for frightening you- i didn't know you knew dream." he rubbed the back of his neck shamefully.

"it's okay- these things happen." i mumbled. these things definitely do not happen.

"we should be going, geor- the king requires our presence." dream claimed, yanking sapnap towards him.

"i hope to see you again soon, y/n. without sapnap of course."

"as do i, dream."

he smiled and began to walk away, sapnap close at his heels, muttering things to his taller friend.

a/n - mm more characters, still building up the plot. i hope you're enjoying the story, i try and update everyday <3 ((just so the story runs more smooth, fundy is adopted and isn't wils bio son.))