XXXII

content warning: brief mentions of character death

the raven haired male immediately pulled me through a set of double doors, into a long hallway. the right side of the corridor was lined with french windows that streamed in the moonlight, illuminating the dark room.

sapnap turned his head to face me as we rushed down the wooded floor. a grin creeping onto his lips.

we came to an abrupt halt at the end of the hallway where it forked off in two different directions.

sapnap awkwardly scratched his head with his free hand, the other still interlocked with my hand.

"hmmm" he mumbled, eyeing both directions.

"lets go left." i smiled up at him, dragging him down the passage to our left.

he clumsily followed along, muffled music from the ballroom echoing through the dull hall.

we neared a few doors, all with a coat of worn varnish.

"ill check over here- you go there?" sap nodded at a door opposite the two in front of him.

i dropped our hands and walked over to the tall wooden frame, jiggling the handle slightly.

nothing.

i tried again, with a bit more force. it seemed to be locked, which made me frown.

"hey over here." sapnap whisper yelled out, catching my attention.

he had pushed open the second of the two doors on his side of the hall, the door swung open a fraction, revealing a room that was packed with chests and other things.

sapnap held the door open for me as i squeezed past him, my back pressing against his chest.

after getting a better look at the room, i confirmed it to be an old brewing quarters.

the back wall was lined with brewing stands, cobwebs strung from the golden rod stands.

sap let himself in, the door shutting behind him.

i scanned the room, white sheets covered old paintings and chests. a thin layer of dust resting on the white fabric.

"im pretty sure george uses this as a storage room- no one has been in here for years." sapnap sighed, resting his arms behind his head.

"help me look for ingredients? check the shelves over there." i pointed at the right wall that was lined with small bottles.

sap nodded his head, shuffling past a work bench that stood in the centre of the room.

i weaved my way around the cluttered space, bending down to search through one of the many boxes.

doing so caused one of the white sheets to slide off of a few framed paintings that were propped up to my right.

the dust particles arose from the disruption in the cotton, floating around the room. i let out a sneeze, batting the powdery substance away.

my eyes shifted from the current box i was rummaging through, to the paintings.

the only one visible was of someone sitting on a throne. a red cloak draped over their left shoulder, covering half of a lace frilled shirt. a golden crown rested on their fluffy brown hair and a pair of aviators covered their eyes.

the room they were in looked awfully similar to the ballroom i was just in, where i had met the king.

"sap?" i called out, picking the painting up with both hands, studying it some more.

the man whipped his head around to face my direction, i turned my body to show him the painting.

"whats up?" he asked, his arms full of small jars and corked bottles.

"whos this?" i held out the print, allowing the dark eyed male to glance over it.

"i think thats the former ruler- of the smp." his face contorted into a confused expression.

"oh- is this georges parent, then?" i turned the picture over, looking at the character portrayed.

sapnap didnt answer. i fixed my gaze from the painting, onto sapnap, who set the bottles down on the wooden bench.

"no- george, he uh." the nether-born paused for a second, regaining his thoughts.

"george overthrew them, i guess you could say. eret is their name."

i frowned, setting the picture down onto the bench in front of me.

"then what happened to eret?" i bunched my hands together.

"they're dead, y/n."

a/n- thank you so much for 200k+ reads. that's incredible. oop- another update soon (sorry for the wait) vote n comment <33