Always

Dumbledore stands in Grimmauld place. His eyes are pleading. He begs, "Please think about it you two. You might just save our whole world."

Lily grabs James and whispers to Dumbledore, "We will be back in a moment."

Lily drags James into an old bathroom off of the office. James and Lily both look at each other with worried expressions.

James starts, "I don't know, Lily."

Lily looks at him and asks, "What are you doubting?"

"I just don't want our baby to be in danger," he says glancing from Lil's eyes to her belly, "I don't want one of us to die and leave him with the other."

His mind connects things. He takes Lily into his arms with tears in his eyes. He pleads, "Oh, Lil' I don't want you to die!"

Lily's mouth falls open and she pulls him into a hug. She coos, "James, nobody is going to die. Where ever we go we go together."

She kisses his head. Tears now are forming in her eyes. They are holding each other so close. It was surprising that they didn't make another baby there was so much love in the room. They break a hug but both put there hands where there child lies.

James gently goes down on his knees. He lifts Lily's shirt to just over the bump. He looks at the baby cacoon, tears and love in his eyes. He whispers to his son, "You hear that bud? We are right here. We will always be right here."

Tears stream down both of their faces. James lays a kiss on her belly.

"Always."