Ch.18 Dark Thoughts

It's bad when you annoy yourself
So irritating
Don't wanna be my friend no more
I wanna be somebody else

...

It was almost midnight when Remy pulled up in front of their house. He stepped out of the car, the pebbled ground crunching beneath his shoes as he made his way to the passenger side. Remy lifted Genevieve out of the car, tucking her head into his chest after she shivered in her sleep from the cold air. Carrying her into the house, he made his way up to their bedroom in the dark; he's eyes had adjusted to the darkness within seconds.

The two-story house was silent, as Remy thought over whether to wake Gen up so she could change into her Pajamas -or just cover her up and hope she's comfortable. He choose the later, seeing as Genevieve really had been tired the whole night. Remy tucked her in and kissed her cheek, as he lifted his head, he couldn't help but admire the peaceful look on her face.

It reminded him of earlier; would they have gone all the way? Remy knew she was insecure and shy about her body but he really didn't know why. She had feminine curves, perfectly portioned on her body. She wasn't in the slightest ugly, obese or unhealthy. Remy truly didn't see anything worth being insecure about.

Remy had thought about reading her mind to find out what the real cause was for her insecurities, but he knew Genevieve would have had his head if he read her thoughts again.

Remy had questions of his own though too.

Is she happy being here ... with me? Does she secretly wish to go home and to never see me again?

Am I the perfect mate she deserves?

Remy knew the answer to the last one. No -He wasn't perfect, he wasn't really what Genevieve had hoped for her whole life. Remy knew that Genevieve preferred the human life with a perfect husband, two children and a three story house surrounded by the classical white picket fence.

Was that not every girl's dream?

Remy kissed the top of her head one more time, afterwards leaving their bedroom and walking into the guestroom down the hall. He reached for his black duffel bag under the queen sized bed, pulling black sweat pants out before pushing the bag back under the bed.

After taking a hot relaxing shower, Remy pulled on his black boxer-briefs, followed by his sweat pants. The scars that were scattered across his chest from Gen's pack of wolves, were now fully healed. Scars were only temporary for Remy, but not the small one on his left cheek.

He had gotten it some years back, while encountering his sperm donor Theodore Blackthorn IV the bastard who raped and impregnated Caroline, who was only thirteen at the time. Remy had had his first encounter with Theodore nine years back. Remy had trained his whole teenage life for that day ...the day he would get revenge by killing the man, that ruined Carolines' life.

The two men battled it out, a fight that didn't last very long. Remy didn't feel the need to beat around the bush or to prolong the situation. Theodore had used dark magic and sliced Remy across the cheekbone, scaring him with not only the memory of his father but also what took place next. Remy literally ripped the older mans heart out, his first and only murder.

When Remy got back home that day, he acted as if nothing had occurred hours before. Caroline knew, she had been devastated though she hid her grief for the lost innocence of her first child, and instead acted like Remy, -as if nothing had ever happened.

It was all a dark memory, something that neither of them spoke of.

Remy pinched the bridge of his nose, wishing to forget it all, wanting to start new ... start new for Genevieve.