6: He Finds Out You Smoke

Harry: He ran his fingers through his hair in a frustrated manner, his head tilted downward in an attempt to keep himself together. He never thought he'd be having this conversation with you, of all people. "I mean, it's your life." He murmured, although his words were rushed to the point where they were almost incomprehensible. Harry then bit at the inside of his cheek. "But, I mean. You've gotta know the effects of it. And you've gotta know that it's going to end up taking over your life - eventually it's going to become more important to you than this relationship, or any relationship you have with people. More important than your family, your friends, school, your job. The family we could have, the future we've always talked about.." His voice trailed off as he cracked his knuckles. Harry averted his gaze so your eyes locked; it took everything in you not to turn away from those green eyes you grew to love so much. "You have to understand what you're giving up, [Y/N]." Crossing his arms over his chest, his right hand tangled itself in his hair again as he stated more to himself than you, "I would try to convince you to stop, but in the end, no matter how much I try, you're going to end up doing what you want to do. But just.." He licked his lips, sucking in a sharp breath as he shook his head. "Don't expect me to stand here and watch you kill yourself."

Liam: "Did you know a single cigarette contains over 4,800 chemicals - 69 of which are known to cause cancer?" The words fell from his lips, his eyes still glued onto the television screen as if he had just asked about the weather. You gave him a quizzical look, although you snuggled further into his chest without a word. "And did you know every year, there are approximately 46,000 deaths from heart disease from people who are current non-smokers?" Again, you looked up at him, this time fidgeting uncomfortably beneath his arms. Liam's fingers twirled around the ends of your hair, waiting a couple more minutes before murmuring, "How about for every person that dies from a smoking-related disease, there are twenty more who suffer from at least one serious illness associated with smoking?" Entirely sitting up now, your eyebrows pulled together as you snapped, "What is with all the smoking facts, Liam?" He soon followed suit, tilting his head to the side almost in offense. "I'm not that stupid, [Y/N]. I hang out with Zayn all the time - I know a smoker when I see one." Glancing at his hands for a brief moment before averting his gaze back to you, one of his shoulders raised a bit as a halfhearted shrug before falling back into place. "I'm just hurt you didn't tell me, that's all."

Louis: He genuinely tried being sincere about it in the beginning. But the way you took another drag in the midst of his speech and turned your head so you wouldn't have to see his eyes on you only made the anger in his body boil. "You're not even listening to me, are you?" He accused, angrily crossing his arms over his chest. Again, you took another drag of the cigarette. "Fine." Louis stands from his crouching position in front of you, patting his palms against his jeans as he mutters, "You can do whatever you want. I don't give a damn anymore. You want to kill yourself? Fine. You want to be miserable? Go ahead. You want to ruin this relationship? Be my guest. But don't you dare say I didn't try helping you, that I didn't warn you, that I didn't do all I could to keep you. Because I did." Giving you a final glance with his eyebrows pulled together, Louis only let out another aggravated sigh before walking back into the apartment with a slam of the front door. It was a couple minutes after when he shuffled back outside, his hands fumbling together and resting near his waist. "Please stop," he whispered lowly. You glanced up to see his cheeks stained with past tears. "I don't want to lose you," he finished before kneeling in front of you once more.

Niall: Spinning the key ring around his index finger, a happy whistle left his lips as he bounded up the staircase. His head was bouncing from side to side with the song playing in his head until suddenly, his whistling came to a stop and his body stood still in front of you. "What is this?" He questioned, a dash of disbelief and annoyance hidden in his voice. "What are you doing?" Shaking his head, he pulled the lit cigarette from your fingers and threw it to the ground, smothering it with his shoe. "No," He scolded, running one of his hands through his tousled blonde hair. "I'm not going to let you do that to yourself. I'm not going to lose you to that." Dragging his hand over his face, he murmured, "No." You opened your mouth to retort, but he only carried on. "Let's not even talk about how unhealthy that is for you for a second. Do you know how much time and money you're going to have to put into that? Into something that's only going to end up killing you anyway? Something that people are going to give you weird looks for if you do it in front of our kids, something that there are specific commercials for to prevent you from doing. Something that's going to leave me all by myself - trying desperately to get you back - way before you're even physically gone." Again, Niall shook his head, simply repeating, "No."

Zayn: "W-what are you doing?" He asked, causing you to stop abruptly with your fingers still curled around the door knob. WIth your thumb nervously tapping at the butt of the cigarette in your hand, you turned and stared directly at him. "I need a smoke," you answered plainly, a lazy shrug following your words. His head jerked forward and tilted to the right. He was hesitant at first and there was an audible crack in his voice when he finally asked, "Since when?" Again, you shrugged your shoulders. "I mean, it's not like that's going to give you lung, mouth, or throat cancer." Now glaring, you crossed your arms over your chest and groaned, "Oh, don't even give me that bullshit, Zayn. You smoke all the time." Throwing his hands up into the air, his eyes widened as if that were the point he was trying to make, but you simply continued staring at him. "I'm trying to stop you from making the same stupid mistake I made years ago, [Y/N]. At least you have the chance to stop now before it's too late." He only shook his head in disappointment when he saw you pull the front door open - completely unfazed by his plea - and spun on his heel to turn back to your shared bedroom.