Valkyrie in Training

Valkyrie wings. My sweet, precious daughter had Valkyrie wings.

I had to push down the thought of how she would have to go through Valkyrie training when she's of age and pulled her out of Thor's arms, holding her close to me. I turned to see that, based on the look on his face, Loki must've had a similar thought. He tore his gaze from Freya's wings to see Nari launching himself into his arms. Loki held onto Nari tight, telling him that he was alright and he didn't have to worry anymore.

We all stayed like that for awhile, clinging to each other as if one of us was going to disappear at any moment.

Eventually a guard came to the door asking for me to go sit down with the Allfather to discuss how to proceed. None of us were willing to part with each other so the four of us all made our way to Odin's office. Frigga scooped up Freya and brought her over to the couch to sit down and beckoned for Nari to join her as well. Loki and I took the seats in front of Odin's desk and waited for him to begin.

"I apologize for rushing right to discussions so quickly after everyone's recoveries, but there's much to figure out" I looked to Loki and gave him a small smile and nod before looking back to the Allfather for him to continue "Starting tomorrow, you will be training alongside the Valkyrie with Lady Sif before leaving for proper Valkyrie training"

"Leaving? I won't be going through the Valkyrie training here?"

Odin shook his head "No, back when the Valkyrie were at their full might they would train in Valkyria. The hall of the Valkyrie. I can not say that I know what the training entails as only the Valkyrie are allowed into Valkyria. Even as the Allfather, I respect their laws and allow them to rule themselves"

I sighed "Very well, how long will I be gone for training?"

"The training takes six months, but I must warn you that the trials are intense and not everyone makes it through"

My eyes widened and Loki grabbed my hand, squeezing it tight before glaring at his father "What do you mean that not everyone makes it?"

"Valkyrie training is intense, my son, there is a reason that the Valkyrie are our best warriors. The trials make sure that our Valkyrie are strong and are able to carry out their duties. Especially those sworn to personal service as it seems that Lady Y/N is"

I nodded my head slowly before looking up at Odin "I understand. I will not let you down, father"

Odin gave a slight chuckle "I know that you will not, my daughter, there is a reason that you were chosen" He looked to Loki then "Son, while your lady is gone, you will shadow me and continue in your own training to take over the duties of King. Once she returns, you will marry, she will start her duties as your personal Valkyrie and you will take the throne once I am ready to step down"

I looked over to Frigga "What about the children? What about my family back on Midgard?"

"The children will start their schooling here while you are away. Freya will go through the trials in Valkyria when she comes of age" Frigga lightly ruffled Freya's wings when she said that, causing Freya to giggle "As for your family on Midgard, I'm sure you'll be able to visit them from time to time and they're welcome to come to the wedding ceremony as it is a multi-realm event"

Odin nodded in agreement "I usually do not allow Midgardians into our realm, but after the help I received from the Avengers, I will allow your family to visit so that you can remain in touch with them. The children should be able to grow up with their family" He smiled then while looking at Frigga holding the children close. It was strange to see this man that was such a terrible father to Loki being a great grandfather.