Magic and Romance

Magic training was not something I thought that I would ever have to go through in life, but here we are. I've been with Frigga all morning and to say that she's been pushing me to my limits would be an understatement. I had been forced into so many visions that it was hard to keep track of them all. They were mainly random, boring events such as seeing items drop or getting a glimpse of an upcoming conversation.

I was taking a break and rubbing my temples when Frigga put her hand on my shoulder "Daughter, do not worry, you will be able to control it on your own soon enough."

"I know, it's just overwhelming. How am I supposed to help the Allfather if I can't see more than a glass falling off of a table?"

"It just takes time and practice, my dear. Eventually, you'll be able to see events of a specific person without having to wait for them to come. Let's try again." I turned so that I was facing her and closed my eyes. She had told me that I had to think about someone and clear my mind of everything else. I decided to focus on Freya and slowly I started seeing a scene unfold before me.

I saw a young girl that had to be Freya, but she was about 18 in this vision. She was pacing around a garden and looked to be upset. She suddenly stopped and turned towards me, but I knew she couldn't actually see me so I turned to see what she was looking at. It was Loki, but he looked slightly older and his hair was a bit shorter.

Freya stormed over to him with her arms crossed "You just can't help yourself, can you?"

"Freya. I never meant to upset you"

"Please, spare me your lies."

"I'm not lying to you. I would never lie to you!"

"Then tell me why you did it"

"I was trying to protect you, it's my job as your father to protect you"

"I'm an adult! I can protect myself. You can't just scare away any boy that comes near me. I really liked him and you scared him off! do you want me to end up alone?"

"Of course not" Loki sighed "Darling, I'm sorry. I will talk to the young boy if it would make you happy."

"Really? You mean that?"

"Yes. I still don't think that he's good enough for you, but I will apologize for frightening him."

Freya gave a slight smile "Thank you."

"For the record, no one will ever be good enough for you. I will apologize to him, but that doesn't mean I won't hesitate to harm him if he should ever upset you."

She laughed and rushed into Loki's arms. He held her tight and kissed her head "I love you, Freya, I hope you know that all I want is for you to be happy, but I will always worry about you. If I could keep you little and safe in my arms forever, I would do it."

"I know, Papa, I love you too"

My eyes snapped open and I looked at Frigga who had a huge smile on her face "My dear, that was wonderful!"

"I can't believe I actually just did that on my own! That was incredible."

"I told you that you were a fast learner. Why don't you go lay down for a bit? You must be tired after all of that"

"Yeah, I definitely am. Thank you for your help, we'll continue this tomorrow morning?"

She nodded and pushed me out the door, towards my room. I fell onto the bed as soon as I walked in and took a much needed nap.